No power to passenger window - Berlingo 09

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

eforeman
My Cars: Berlingo 1.6 HDi 2009

No power to passenger window - Berlingo 09

Post by eforeman »

Hi,

New to the forum and looking for a bit of advise. I've a berlingo 2009 van - 1.6HDi B9. Purchased it at auction a coulpe of weeks ago. It's a great van but the passenger window doesn't work.

Have hooked the window motor directly to a battery and it's working fine. I've tested the button by switching it to the drivers side and it opens and closes the drivers window so switch seems okay. The fuse (f5) is fine - guess it's for both windows. Does anyone know if the passenger window switch goes via a relay or a control module and the location of them? Or does it go direct to the window motor?

Would anyone have a wiring diagram for the van that covers the passenger window?

Thanks for your help.

Eddie
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: No power to passenger window - Berlingo 09

Post by wheeler »

The most likely culprit would be a broken wire in the sleeve where the wiring passes from the body to the door. I've repaired loads of Berlingo/Partners for this although its nearly always (but not exclusively) the drivers side that goes.
eforeman
My Cars: Berlingo 1.6 HDi 2009

Post by eforeman »

Thanks for that. Looks like I've got a couple of bad connections in the connector block between the main harness and the door harness. To test I've disconnected the door harness and run two wires from the main harness block straight to the window motor. Now when I operate the switch and use a circuit tester it lights up for each test wire connected to the motor . The motor though is not working - should it work like this with the door harness disconnected? Grab a copy of the haynes manual today and it looks like the motor is ground at the switch.
processed-700c097b-7377-4253-a422-19bd8cfde60a_hfR29V5P.jpeg
original-323035fc-81a5-47ee-9642-d1d25a0fc38d.jpeg
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Just a random guess but if you have the option to operate the passenger window from the drivers side then it could be a break in the wiring on the drivers side which i think would be the main control point ?

So if not connected between the 2 sides then maybe the passenger side switch is not getting an input to operate, you did say that the switch itself works when putting into the drivers side window and the passenger side motor works with direct power ( not via the plug/wiring )

Like i said just a random guess

Colin