Xantia LHM Leak, Front Return Circuit?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Zoolog
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 93 ZX 1.4
97 Xantia 2.0 16 V Petrol
97 Xantia 1.9TD
99 Xantia 110 Hdi

Xantia LHM Leak, Front Return Circuit?

Post by Zoolog »

Hi all, I have long but intermittent history with Citroens and Xantias stretching back to the 90’s with many adventures and good times along the way. In fact I am a having an adventure /issue with my 1999 110 HDI estate excl right now. It sprung a return leak (constant drip) underneath the Car just past the end of the undertray , and Im at work 3 hours from home and tools
Looking at this Is helpful <viewtopic.php?t=61060>

but mine is on the drivers side . Can get good pics cos I can’t fit myself and camera underneath but I can see it running down from a rubber hose metal pipe junction just near the steering rack so im guessing its one of the metal pipe / hose junctions shown below in the return diagram (Maybe return from '3' to tank ). Its got a couple of jubilee clips on it already so Im not dealing with a new problem it seems. Access is not great , prob will have to go in from above ??? but no idea how to manage that?

Anyroad I was hoping for a little help in specifying the hose I might want to get and /or the repair I might attempt on this , cutting it shorter and re-hose clamping might help but given that has already failed I’m guessing that a little pointless apart from maybe very short term. In the extremely short term just fill and drive , think it’ll take about 3 litres to get home and no motor factors stock LHM anymore! Also if anyone has a name of a mechanic familiar/willing with Citroens in Cork City Ireland I’d be most grateful.Image
Zoolog
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 93 ZX 1.4
97 Xantia 2.0 16 V Petrol
97 Xantia 1.9TD
99 Xantia 110 Hdi

Re: Xantia LHM Leak, Front Return Circuit?

Post by Zoolog »

More investigation has revealed it to be a split return hose from a the doseur valve. Caused by using a jubilee clip I'm guessing. Does anyone Know the correct hose clip part number i could replace it with?
Last edited by Zoolog on 24 Jul 2021, 00:06, edited 1 time in total.
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Re: Xantia LHM Leak, Front Return Circuit?

Post by white exec »

Any properly circular small hose clips will be suitable. Amazon (for example) offer lots of kits of hose clips which can be nipped up with pincers (your own, or ones in some kits). The clips with the small "sticky-up tangs" can also be easily released and reused. Worm (jubilee) type clips are not good on small hoses.
Chris