Help I think bsi problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Georgeoldfield83
My Cars: C4 grand picasso

Help I think bsi problem

Post by Georgeoldfield83 »

Hi all I recently brought a Citroen c4 grand picasso 65 plate, from my dad it has only done 17,500 miles from new and I have noticed a few issues with it (I will list below) when I spoke to him about them he said the only thing that has happened is the battery went flat and he jumped started it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

1) when I lock the car with the fob the alarm sounds so I have to unlock it and wait 30 seconds for it to lock itself.

2) the stop start light flashes 3 times on the dash but the engine does not stop.

Kind Regards
George
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Help I think bsi problem

Post by wheeler »

Georgeoldfield83 wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 14:16
1) when I lock the car with the fob the alarm sounds so I have to unlock it and wait 30 seconds for it to lock itself.

2) the stop start light flashes 3 times on the dash but the engine does not stop.
1) has anyone been messing about with fuses inside the car before this problem started? This fault can happen if the shunt fuse is in the wrong position.

2) up to you but if its not causing any issues I would leave it alone, stop start is a pain in the arse & you are better off without it. As far as im concerned it only causes unnecessary wear on the engine & starting circuit.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Welcome along!

1. Something is triggering the alarm - but it can't be one of the doors or it wouldn't lock. Check the bonnet is properly closed. If that doesn't work you can try disabling the interior sensors (there is a button on the RHS of the dash, can't remember exactly how it works). If that still doesn't work then it will need to be interrogated with a diagnostic computer to see what is triggering it.

2. That's normal behaviour for PSA cars! Unless the battery is at 105%, the wind blowing from the NNE, the temperature 16.8C, the unicorns gamboling in the fields, and the gods smiling on you, it just doesn't work and stop the engine. Don't worry about it, the fuel saved is miniscule!
Richard W
Georgeoldfield83

Thanks for the help guys much appreciated I will try and deactivate the alarm for now, could I please ask what is a shunt fuse??
Regards
George
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

The idea behind the 'Shunt Fuse' is very simple. When it is in the 'showroom' position various items are disabled, to preserve battery life (and because those items are not 'needed'). As it is being prepared for its new owner the 'shunt fuse' is moved into the 'working' position, so all items are now working.

(PS I don't know the correct terms for the 'shunt fuse' positions, so I used terms that I hope are self explanatory).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

On the BSI it will look something like this, there are 2 positions Park & Client.
Yours should be in the 'client' position.
Does the alarm trigger immediately after locking?
Attachments
shunt.jpg
Georgeoldfield83

Yes, as soon as you press the lock button on the fob the alarm sounds, I will look and check the fuse after work many thanks
Georgeoldfield83

RichardW wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 15:39 Welcome along!

1. Something is triggering the alarm - but it can't be one of the doors or it wouldn't lock. Check the bonnet is properly closed. If that doesn't work you can try disabling the interior sensors (there is a button on the RHS of the dash, can't remember exactly how it works). If that still doesn't work then it will need to be interrogated with a diagnostic computer to see what is triggering it.

2. That's normal behaviour for PSA cars! Unless the battery is at 105%, the wind blowing from the NNE, the temperature 16.8C, the unicorns gamboling in the fields, and the gods smiling on you, it just doesn't work and stop the engine. Don't worry about it, the fuel saved is miniscule!
I managed to turn the alarm off from the inside dash button but as soon I lock with the fob the alarm sounds,