C3 airdream semi automatic Jolting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Naruto
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: Citroen C3 Airdream vtr+E-HDI S-A

C3 airdream semi automatic Jolting

Post by Naruto »

Hi guys, really need some help, I have a c3 newly passed driver lol. Don't know much about cars. So I brought this c3 and it's developed a fault. It derived fine but after 35 minutes or over 30 miles in auto mode from the stopped position it revs but does not move forward, in the worse case, it rolled back as I was on a hill and then jolts forward like it's slamming into gear did the same in reverse. It keeps doing this until I park the car up for 5 minutes, then works again for ten minutes but then starts again with the same problem. If I wait 1 hour then it is okay for about 35 minutes again. Also, gearbox fault comes on the centre console a few times and transmission fault. I took it to the garage and the guy said that nothing wrong with lol, he said that Citroen has to be driven a certain way lol. Yesterday I nearly crashed because of this issue, so I was determined to get it sorted. Any help from you guys would be appreciated, My brother got his mate to put it on his standard computer and it did show gearbox fault code 2755 but when he checked the code, refer to the car manual which I tried to find with no luck. the car a C3 airdreaam vtr+e+hdi s-a 2012
Naruto
(Donor 2021)

Re: C3 airdream semi automatic Jolting

Post by Naruto »

sorry forgot to mention it's semi-automatic with the flappy paddles 1.4 diseal Citroen C3 Airdream vtr+E-HDI S-A. Is there anyone who you can recommend or suggest before I take it to a garage for repair? Thankyou
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the Forum. I personally cannot offer you any direct help, other than to suggest you post the vehicle VIN here (in this thread). It will allow the Forum Staff to look up you vehicle and get more accurate information. Don't worry, the VIN will automatically be obscured so only Forum staff can read it (like this, for example; VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] ).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Naruto
(Donor 2021)

Post by Naruto »

vin is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] Hope that helps and thankyou for the kind welcome
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Unfortunately that is not a recognised fault code - so can't help with that one. Was it a recent purchase and if so, was it from a garage? If so, what are the chances of you taking it back as this is likely to be costly to fix - not least as it first needs a good diagnostic with Diagbox so find out what it's unhappy about. The trouble with these piloted systems is that they are not true automatics - they are essentially a manual gearbox and clutch like any manual car, but have electro-hydraulic actuators to do the gear and clutch changes controlled by electronics. This is why it can be expensive finding out what the issue is.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Naruto
(Donor 2021)

Post by Naruto »

Hi Mate thankyou for the reply it was a private buy and over a month ago no chance of a refund. I don't mind paying for it to repair it. I just want make sure I get repaired correctly and not do stuff that is unnecessary. It is probably an actuator, solenoid or clutch. My brother mate who owns a garage say it actuator but rather get advice from you guys first.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 16 Jul 2021, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Quote (Unnecessary for Previous Post)
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

What you might want to do first is to get her properly diagnosed with a diagnostics system that 'understands' Citroens and Peugeots. There are Forum members who have such equipment, and some of them are prepared to help other forum members. There is a link to these members (but please be aware that some of them have 'gone quiet' and my not respond to PMs;

viewtopic.php?t=56452
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Naruto
(Donor 2021)

Post by Naruto »

Thanks mate do any of these guys do repair service as well, I know some mechanics are now mobile and can quote a price before I book one wanted to know what cost I am looking at to fix this car as I need it for work. The job I do requires me to use my car so I need it to be safe to drive. I live close to Bradford nearest guy to do reading is Wakefield, I don't think I am confident enough to drive it there lol.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I would advise against driving it like this as it may have the potential to make it worse or do more damage. There are over a hundred fault codes for this system, so unless you know what the exact issue is you will be heading for big bills - the time taken to investigate these can be extensive, so I would suggest you get it to a dealer - reason being they will have extensive experience with these systems and it may save you faffing about with other garages that are not as experienced as well as be cheaper to fix if they can determine the problem for you straight away with an estimate.

If you are prepared to pay for it to be repaired, then get it diagnosed at the dealer and if you get it repaired with them, they should provide you with a free courtesy car whilst it is being fixed so you can get to work.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Naruto
(Donor 2021)

Post by Naruto »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 11:05 I would advise against driving it like this as it may have the potential to make it worse or do more damage. There are over a hundred fault codes for this system, so unless you know what the exact issue is you will be heading for big bills - the time taken to investigate these can be extensive, so I would suggest you get it to a dealer - reason being they will have extensive experience with these systems and it may save you faffing about with other garages that are not as experienced as well as be cheaper to fix if they can determine the problem for you straight away with an estimate.

If you are prepared to pay for it to be repaired, then get it diagnosed at the dealer and if you get it repaired with them, they should provide you with a free courtesy car whilst it is being fixed so you can get to work.
Hi I took it to another garage better computer. I attached the report to the post two faults, one minor fault oil gauge other gives unknown fault: P175525 - A6200101
EOBD Fault: P1755

Does anyone know what these codes mean.
Attachments
IMG-20210716-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210716-WA0000.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

This is isn't going to help as you can see - the possible causes are far ranging, hence my dealer suggestion ......

It may need recalibrating to set the clutch biting point - but that's just a guess at this stage.
Fault Code: P1755
Description of Fault: Clutch actuator fault: Coherence. Difference between the reference position and the measured position. Difference between the reference position and the measured position.
The time of appearance of the fault code is 1s.
Warning lamp / Warning lamp MIL will be lit.
Conditions for Fault to clear: Difference between the reference position and the measured position below the threshold.
Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active:
  • Switch to automatic mode.
  • Sequential mode deactivated
  • Delayed changing up and changing down of gears
  • No further changedown with engine braking
  • Attempt to disengage from the gear to neutral when stopped
Symptoms:
  • Lack of power
  • Jerking/stalling
  • Difficult/impossible to change gear
  • Deactivation of the cruise control
  • Deactivation of the speed limiter