C4 GP 07 1.6 HDi vtr symbol next to the 5 on speedo?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DanielG2021

C4 GP 07 1.6 HDi vtr symbol next to the 5 on speedo?

Post by DanielG2021 »

Hi all

Another silly question, when starting my car the other day i noticed a little symbol flashed up next to the 5 on the speedo screen. I have looked through some online manuals and some say its the foot on brake peddle warning which i have never seen before and cannot get it to come up again, or its the cruise control setting which i have no idea how to get it to show again. Its odd because with this being automatic i have to start the car with foot on brake and i have never seen that flash up before? it was only on seconds

Since having this Picasso it sometimes seems to have a mind of its own, throws up an odd symbol on the dash, i have had the headlights switched on when i started the car yet i am positive they were off so i checked the stalk and turned them on then off and they went off. Is it common problem for Citroens to do odd electric faults? i know the car is getting on now but its putting me off Citroens haha. I posted in here other month with handbrake faulty beep or service light then it would go straight off it did that for about 3 days and its never done it since. I have had the ESP button light up and it flash on the dash randomly when starting as if i had disabled it, went straight off when pressing the button. I have had my steering wheel lights start flashing and making a odd indicator noise then stopping the car and turning ignition off for couple mins fixed it. I am starting to think its bloody haunted haha

I have had it over a year now and to be honest i love the size and comfort of the car but i am starting to dread using it in case it flashes something up haha

steen2345uk

Re: C4 GP 07 1.6 HDi vtr symbol next to the 5 on speedo?

Post by steen2345uk »

sounds like gremlins in there

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Bear in mind you don't have a proper automatic gearbox on this model. It's a piloted manual gearbox with actuators for the clutch and gearbox.

It would help if you can identify the exact symbol next time it happens - very hard to help without knowing what it is... :wink:

Gibbo2286
Donor 2020

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I don't suppose it's as simple as a signal to tell you you must put your foot on the brake to unlock the gear lever and engage drive.