C4 GP 07 1.6 HDi vtr symbol next to the 5 on speedo?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DanielG2021
My Cars: c4 GP 2007 1.6hdi egs

C4 GP 07 1.6 HDi vtr symbol next to the 5 on speedo?

Post by DanielG2021 »

Hi all

Another silly question, when starting my car the other day i noticed a little symbol flashed up next to the 5 on the speedo screen. I have looked through some online manuals and some say its the foot on brake peddle warning which i have never seen before and cannot get it to come up again, or its the cruise control setting which i have no idea how to get it to show again. Its odd because with this being automatic i have to start the car with foot on brake and i have never seen that flash up before? it was only on seconds

Since having this Picasso it sometimes seems to have a mind of its own, throws up an odd symbol on the dash, i have had the headlights switched on when i started the car yet i am positive they were off so i checked the stalk and turned them on then off and they went off. Is it common problem for Citroens to do odd electric faults? i know the car is getting on now but its putting me off Citroens haha. I posted in here other month with handbrake faulty beep or service light then it would go straight off it did that for about 3 days and its never done it since. I have had the ESP button light up and it flash on the dash randomly when starting as if i had disabled it, went straight off when pressing the button. I have had my steering wheel lights start flashing and making a odd indicator noise then stopping the car and turning ignition off for couple mins fixed it. I am starting to think its bloody haunted haha

I have had it over a year now and to be honest i love the size and comfort of the car but i am starting to dread using it in case it flashes something up haha
steen2345uk
Locked user account
My Cars: scenic 2
Citroen C4 hatchback

Re: C4 GP 07 1.6 HDi vtr symbol next to the 5 on speedo?

Post by steen2345uk »

sounds like gremlins in there
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Bear in mind you don't have a proper automatic gearbox on this model. It's a piloted manual gearbox with actuators for the clutch and gearbox.

It would help if you can identify the exact symbol next time it happens - very hard to help without knowing what it is... :wink:
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I don't suppose it's as simple as a signal to tell you you must put your foot on the brake to unlock the gear lever and engage drive.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.