2010 C5 X7 Clock losing time!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GavinPJ

2010 C5 X7 Clock losing time!

Post by GavinPJ »

Another weird one folks! The time clock isn't holding its memory. I had to bring it forward about 5 minutes the other morning but now it has lost
about half hour in total. Unless it is a time machine! :-)
2010 C5 X7 with the Sat Nav screen.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 2010 C5 X7 Clock losing time!

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Gavin - Battery, battery or battery.

The only reason these will generally loose time start blinking / flashing is if they are disconnected from the power source.

How old is the car battery? If anything 5 years or older, then it's probably on its way out.

Pop your VIN up (auto-masked on post submission) so I can see exactly which system you have.

There may be another possibility though - the GPS N Week Rollover issue. If you have your navigation system settings set to 'Synchronise Time with GPS', then you must UNTICK this option. This will also help ensure your system's navigation is not affected by the issue when navigating.

GavinPJ

Post by GavinPJ »

Cheers Marc,
Now you mention it, I did notice the car was in Eco mode in the mornings lately.
VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] is the VIN. First thing that came to mind was a battery on it's way
out as my last X7 was going into Eco mode all the time until I replaced the battery.
Gav.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 23 Apr 2021, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Full Vin entered for Security & Obfuscation

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so it's the MyWay RNEG system. - Yes, look to battery but also check out the Time synchronisation setting I mentioned - make sure it is off to get around N Week Rollover issue.