Citroën C4 2011 diesel 1.6 windows problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nikodin

Citroën C4 2011 diesel 1.6 windows problems

Post by Nikodin »

Hello everyone!
I’m having problem with my front windows on a Citroen C4. When I press the button to ope the driver front window, both front windows are opening and if I try to open the passenger front window using the driver side button it doesn’t work.

The passenger front window works fine if I open and close the from the passenger side.

Any help?

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroën C4 2011 diesel 1.6 windows problems

Post by GiveMeABreak »

A Possibilities I can think of on the info you have supplied:

Before looking at the points below, you may want to try a BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure first to reset the ECU.

If that does not solve the issue try the following:

1) The driver's door pad control module is faulty. Water ingress (especially rain) can get onto the buttons and then underneath onto the circuit boards and cause problems / calcification etc. Remove the door pad carefully, unplug the connectors and then take of the casing and gently clean the components with electrical contact cleaner (not WD40 or oil).

2) Secondly, if this does not resolve the issue, check the wiring connections from the driver's door to the bulkhead. There is a rubber tube containing the wires - remove the tube carefully and inspect the wiring for any short circuits / breaks, so repair and insulate.

3) If neither of these work you may have a faulty door control panel, which may need replacing.

Nikodin

Post by Nikodin »

Thank you for your reply. I have already replaced the door control panel and is still doing the same thing. I will try the tube at the hinge, hopefully that will work.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, it’s very important to ensure the correct module has been replaced. These units are specific to options, build date and electronic architecture employed on the vehicle. They may look identical but are from it internally.

Is this sudden behaviour? Has this module ever been working correctly?