DS3 2011 rear window wipers/wash doesn't work

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sebbDS3

DS3 2011 rear window wipers/wash doesn't work

Post by sebbDS3 »

Since a couple of weeks ago my back window wipers has stopped working. Nothing happens when I put the car in reverse (it usually wipes when put in reverse) and nothing happens when I turn the wiper switch on. There's no sound coming from the pump and there no washer fluid coming from the nozzle then I turn the switch all the way.

For the windshield everything works fine, both wipers and wash so I don't think there's something wrong with the pump nor the electronics in the switch.

I have tried swapping out the 15A fuse F1 in the dashboard fuse box, with a new one, with no luck.

I have noticed there's another fuse in the engine compartment (F3, 10A) that is assigned to the front/rear screen wash. Though it seems strange to me since the windshield wipers works perfectly...

Could that fuse be the problem or is there something else I could try to make the back window wipers work again?

Edit: changed engine compartment fuse box to dashboard fuse box
Last edited by sebbDS3 on 22 Feb 2021, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS3 2011 rear window wipers/wash doesn't work

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It might help if you pop your VIN up then I can see the electrical system for your car. Fuse F1 on the engine fusebox is a multifunction motor control.

The fuse for the rear wiper is located in the passenger compartment under the BSI - bottom row of fuses F1 - not the Engine Fusebox under the bonnet.

sebbDS3

Post by sebbDS3 »

My bad - I was too fast on the keys. I have swapped the F1 fuse in the dashboard fuse box, not the engine compartment fuse box, according to this diagram:

https://fuse-box.info/citroen/citroen-d ... 2016-fuses

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, to be sure, if you have your VIN handy I'll look up the electrical circuit to double check the fuse as they can vary.

sebbDS3

Post by sebbDS3 »

So the VIN is: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The rear wiper motor is controlled by a relay on the BSI, but I would look at the connection to the rear motor first of all:
image_2021-02-24_104850.png
5215 is the rear motor. Pin 3 is the earth
521: Rear windscreen wiper motor command (Pin 1)
522: rear wiper motor fixed stop control (Pin 2)

The earthing point (MC60) is on the rear tailgate located below:

So I would check the plug connections there first of all and the condition of the pins and socket for damage or water.