Front side parking sensors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

habo
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: xantia I 2.0
Grand Picasso 1.6 hdi model 2006

Front side parking sensors

Post by habo »

Hi
My wife also drives the car and now my son has started slowly. In the garage there are many other things around and once we had a small accident. Of course because even for me it is difficult as you can not see the end of the car in front .The back has parking sensors and I also have the button that turns them off.
Because it is difficult to find used front sencors (I mean all the pack with the wires), can we use the ones that are for back?
do we have spare numbers for back and front?
is the electro unit different? and what is its part number? and where is it located?
do we need to activate it with diagbox?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Front side parking sensors

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The front parking sensors themselves are the same, but you may not have the wiring harness and harness connections. Plus the ECU is completely different for front and rear assistance. Your Head Unit needs to be compatible, there may be 6 front sensors as the front assistance includes parking space gap measurement. That has a button on the the steering wheel controls like a 'P'. If you don't have all 6 sensors fitted then it may not work as the ECU will expect inputs from all the sensors to be working or it may stop working if it detects an error. So you need to consider what is involved and one reason why a dealer won't retro-fit the system as it usually is prohibitively expensive to do. They may offer aftermarket parking assistance kits though.

You'll also need to programme and configure the various ECUs. So a few things to consider.

I can provide you with part numbers for the items I have mentioned, but not a guide.

It will be a lot simpler to get an aftermarket system fitted and a lot less expensive.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc