C5 Tourer Exclusive

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Lynnzer

C5 Tourer Exclusive

Post by Lynnzer »

YEhey. I got one.
My 2012 DS5 is now at 140k miles and although still running well it seems that the longer I put off part-exing it, the sooner I'll have some major repair bill. To be honest I hate the damn thing. Suspension is like riding a tray down a mountain slope, way too many blind spots that puts me at risk at nearly every junction and although the seats are full leather and still immaculate it's not much better than sitting on a wooden bench on long runs. My 4rse aches like hell.
So with nothing new from Citroen that fulfils that the need for large boot space in a car shaped car I decided to go back to the C5 Exclusive I had previously.
Problem is that not many were bought in the UK so finding one that fitted the bill wasn't easy. Most newer ones found are up to 2014 but mostly with upward of 75k on the clock. As this car will probably be last one I ever buy (74 years old) I wanted something to take me all the way.

I emailed all the local Citroen dealers and found that the director of Town Centre Citroen, Sunderland had one he was using himself with every conceivable extra. It was the 6th last from the production line and a 17 reg. At 32k on the clock it seemed OK but the price was a bit much at around £18k.
Then I saw one way down south in Godalming, a
My new xar
My new xar
14 reg with only 23k on the clock. Owned by an elderly gentleman who didn't use it much and then didn't renew his license. Brilliant. The Citroen dealer (Wilmoths) said they usually send older cars to auction but the low miles and pristine condition made it a good car to offer themselves. I got a real good part ex price on the DS5 over the phone and agreed a deal with them.
So I collect it middway down the M1 on Wednesday.
I post this so that anyone else who is looking for a damn good C5 may be tempted to call Town Centre Citroen. I have dealt with them for years. Just ask for Chris and tell him Lynn Robson has sent you to him

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C5 Tourer Exclusive

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I hope you'll be very happy with it :-D

Lynnzer

Post by Lynnzer »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 23:12
I'm dead chuffed I found it Marc.
My only real gripe about the Citroen is that the Emway still doesn't have full postcode satnav.
I will probably need to do an update anyway but is there any way to add full postcode to the system that you know of?
Seems pretty pointless having to have my own satnav on the window as well as the Emway.

Peter.N.
Donor 2020

Post by Peter.N. »

I have an Executive spec VTX+, leather, glass roof etc but manual and springs and the ride is quite hard on it compared with my other ordinary spec VTX+, it seems that the Exec had stiffer front springs - which seems to be a retrograde step to me.

Peter

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Lynnzer wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 08:29
GiveMeABreak wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 23:12
I'm dead chuffed I found it Marc.
My only real gripe about the Citroen is that the Emway still doesn't have full postcode satnav.
I will probably need to do an update anyway but is there any way to add full postcode to the system that you know of?
Seems pretty pointless having to have my own satnav on the window as well as the Emway.
You should be able to get this working fine on the RT6, minimum firmware level you need is 2.80 and you put the postcode into the 'Town' field. I can't remember now whether it is the first 4, last 4 or the entire postcode into this field - but give it a try.

Lynnzer

Post by Lynnzer »

I don't get the car until tomorrow but if it's the same as my last Tourer I could only put in the first 4 which I believe covered a pretty large area.
I really want the full postcode input. I'll see what I get first then take it from there.
In the meantime I believe there a Cheat Mode that might give access though don't know much about that. Would also like to give a longer delay for the closedown of the electrics as I often sit in the car for a good time listening to the radio while my wife goes into the shopping precincts.

Just as an aside, the DS5 being part-ex'd was being driven carefully along a smooth road on Friday when there was a tremendous great bang underneath like I'd run over a landmine.
No pothole in sight and nothing showing underneath from a squatting position. It still drove though was making a horrible scraping noise. I went very slowly to my nephew's garage and he found that the OS front coil spring had snapped and as it was laid against the tyre had also knackered that too. Lucky I didn't suffer a blowout on the way to the garage.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so when you get the car, check the firmware version installed. There aren't any 'cheat codes' to change postcode searching - it will only be via the firmware version. But full 7 digit post code searching came in with version 2.80 of firmware, and I think we are on 2.86 or later now - but be warned, if you do need a later update, 2.86 will very likely factory reset your RT6 unit and require a dealer configuration to unlock it (it gets secure locked) or Mirascripts if you know how to use them. A bluetooth Echo calibration will also need to be done after applying this update.

You can't alter the Economy Mode timing either, but you can pass energy management control from the Battery Charge Status Unit to the BSI to get your 30 minutes which is useful if you have the Tourer with electric tailgate as this was one of the annoying glitches where it wouldn't open or close due to Economy mode kicking in. I have put up a procedure to do this in the resources section, but you'll need to upgrade your membership to access this section (a £10 Forum donation will also provide you with parts info and parts diagrams for up to 2 years by a staff member) in addition.

viewtopic.php?t=60776

Having the coil spring break can be scary - ours went on the C3 outside the house just before setting off - put the car into reverse and it went immediately. So had the pair replaced along with the shocks as it's always best to replace these in pairs given the other one will likely go at any time.