C5 X7 mkIII 3.0hdi Exclusive Tourer Windscreen Washer Wiring info?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jay-bruce

C5 X7 mkIII 3.0hdi Exclusive Tourer Windscreen Washer Wiring info?

Post by jay-bruce »

Afternoon all,

Sorry to start a new thread, but I couldn't find anything on this using forum search... If there is a thread about this already please accept my apologies and point me in the direction of the other thread. I'm usually pretty self sufficient, give me access to couple of PDF's and I find things for myself, but I still haven't found any good documentation for the C5, so I get extra shy about asking for these things.

Anyways, our X7 Tourer has developed a fault whereby the washer pump is not working. I started off by changing the fuse (fuse #3 - 10a - in engine bay fuse box), then fitted a new pump, and still no washer pump whir. The wipers move when you operate the wash function on the stock, and the fuse is good, so I'm guessing its a wiring issue between the relay(s) and the pump. The pump is one of those single pumps with twin outlets whereby polarity is reversed to switch from front to rear windscreen. You know the ones that have a little rubber shuttle in the outlet, and if the pump spins clockwise the shuttle closes over outlet A and allows fluid to go through outlet B, but spin it counter clockwise and the shuttle is moved across to cover outlet B and permit the flow of fluid from outlet A and the changeover to switch from front to rear windscreen happens when the polarity of the power to the pump is reversed.

Consequently I'm presuming it's going to be a relay or two that controls the power and polarity, but I have no idea which relay(s), or where the wiring is, or colours of wires etc, so I was wondering if anyone could hook me up with the relevant sections of the wiring diagrams and info on what controls the washer motor?

Thanks in advance / Jay

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C5 X7 mkIII 3.0hdi Exclusive Tourer Windscreen Washer Wiring info?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There aren't any - it will likely be the washer pump that has the motor in it. You should test it independently first, but this is almost certainly where your problem will be. Just replace it.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I should have said that any relays are non user serviceable as they will be inside the engine fusebox, but my money is on the reservoir / pump.

jay-bruce

Post by jay-bruce »

OK thanks for the info Marc, do you have any info on the wiring routing / colours?

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, pop your VIN up for me (auto masked from public view) and I'll put you something up so I can get the correct diagram for your build date.