lexia / diagbox questions

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stu-Scotland
Donor 2020

lexia / diagbox questions

Post by Stu-Scotland »

Having done one of 3 atf fluid changes it's probably time to buy lexia / diagbox as I want to look at spheres and a rear damper too at some point.
I've been looking at the Easydiagnostics website and assume that I need the Lexia3 diagnostic kit as opposed to Citroen Peugeot Lexia, PP2000, Diagbox version 9.68.

Is the latter just an updated version of the software without the hardware? I assume I won't need this for a 2010 C5 X7.
Can someone confirm that the full kit will allow suspension depressurization, gearbox reset and anything else I'm likely to need?

Thanks.

Stu.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: lexia / diagbox questions

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Stu
I assume you have reset the gearbox oil counter after you changed the fluid? This is essential and most be done each time the oil is replaced...

As for your other questions:

The diagnostic kit is often referred to incorrectly as a 'Lexia kit', but most of us here understand what that means.

The diagnostic kit consists of the hardware and the software parts. The hardware is a VCI (Vehicle Communications Interface) that connects to the OBD II port on your car via a cable and then from the VCI via USB to a laptop with the Diagbox software installed onto it.

1) Diagbox is the latest software, used for later post 2007 / 2008 vehicles depending on model.
2) Diagbox also contains the Lexia 3 and Peugeot Planet 2000 software which is encapsulated within Diagbox and launched automatically depending on the vehicle being diagnosed / model / age of vehicle. You don't need to concern yourself with this - it is automatic.
3) Years ago, prior to Diagbox, there were stand alone versions of Lexia and Planet - but these are not longer supported or updated.
4) The Diagbox versions are continually released to support the latest cars. V7 is more than adequate for your C5 X7, with V7.62 covering vehicles up to January 2015, so don't need V9 for a 2010 X7.

Diagbox will do all that you need as it is basically a clone of the dealer level tool.

If you are considering purchasing from Easy Diagnostics (we are not affiliated), then there is a 15% discount for members - all the details in this post:

https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=60112

Stu-Scotland
Donor 2020

Re: lexia / diagbox questions

Post by Stu-Scotland »

Thanks for the replies Marc.

No, I haven't reset the gearbox yet. It's only had one of 3 changes so it's still more old fluid than new. That's one of the reasons I'm getting diagbox.
I'll want it anyway as the suspension behaviour is a bit suspect (I'll start a separate thread about that when I begin to get into it) so that'll be on the cards over the next few months.

I'll pm you about the discount.

Stu.