Citroen C5 X7 Gear Linkage Cable (Gearbox End)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Shafty69

Citroen C5 X7 Gear Linkage Cable (Gearbox End)

Post by Shafty69 »

Good morning all

After a bit of advice please.

After the beautiful shame of being recovered from a busy retail park on Saturday because the car was stuck in reverse. I suspected the gear change cables and got home to have a look.

One of the cables had popped of at the gearbox end and its not going back on easily. Is this normal? Should it be super hard to get back on?
Strangely it also seems slightly twisted (70 degrees or so) when its off. will it be ok to twist this back and somehow clamp it back on or am i looking for a whole new set?

Looking at the cable it appears the end can be replaced by itself but i cannot find a part number or description for it anywhere.

TIA

Martin
Attachments
links.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen C5 X7 Gear Linkage Cable (Gearbox End)

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Can you pop your VIN up (automatically masked) so I know exactly what you have.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Shafty69

Post by Shafty69 »

Hi Marc

VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Kind regards

Martin
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Martin.

Just in case you don't have the procedure for unlocking the cables:
X7 Gearbox A.PNG
"A" : Locked position.
"B" : Unlocked position (Variable dimension "C" ).
Carry out the following operations simultaneously :
Move the cylinder (1) ; At "a"
Pull the locking key (2) ; At "b"

As for the parts. There are spare parts available that include the spindle with the ball lock if needed. I can supply you with the parts diagrams and part numbers / current prices, but this does require a min £10 forum donation as PSA now charge us for the live data. IF you want to go ahead, follow the link below and your membership status will be automatically upgraded. This will cover you for parts info and parts diagrams for up to 2 years:
A response to your question by a forum admin will require detailed vehicle information that requires you to have made a current contribution to the Forum.
Donate

Further Information
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Shafty69

Post by Shafty69 »

Hi Marc

Thank you, i shall take the part off and see if its worn or just something else first. I would obviously rather just replace the end than the whole lot.

Kind regards

martin
bigblackfalco

Post by bigblackfalco »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 14:05 Hi Martin.

Just in case you don't have the procedure for unlocking the cables:

"A" : Locked position.
"B" : Unlocked position (Variable dimension "C" ).
Carry out the following operations simultaneously :
Move the cylinder (1) ; At "a"
Pull the locking key (2) ; At "b"

As for the parts. There are spare parts available that include the spindle with the ball lock if needed. I can supply you with the parts diagrams and part numbers / current prices, but this does require a min £10 forum donation as PSA now charge us for the live data. IF you want to go ahead, follow the link below and your membership status will be automatically upgraded. This will cover you for parts info and parts diagrams for up to 2 years:
A response to your question by a forum admin will require detailed vehicle information that requires you to have made a current contribution to the Forum.
Donate

Further Information

I'm struggling to get these apart on my 6 speed X7 gearbox! Does anyone know if there s a video showing this procedure anywhere please?

Cheers

Bailey.
58 plate (2009) C5 Tourer 2.0 HDi VTR+