Front blowers not working in my 5008 11 plate

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Andy88

Front blowers not working in my 5008 11 plate

Post by Andy88 »

Hi all, new member here.
The front blowers in my 5008 have stopped working suddenly. The ones for the rear passengers are fine though. I've had a look under the dashboard and checked the resistor that's attached to the fan but can't find any obvious signs. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Front blowers not working in my 5008 11 plate

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That will probably still be the air blower control module.

These can have the main blower motor for the front passengers as standard and optionally an additional blower motor for the rear passengers under one of the front seats for the rear passengers - and where that is fitted, will also have a separate blower control module for the rear blower motor attached to it. That is likely why the front one has failed and the rear one is fine.

Your VIN will help to confirm what is fitted.

Andy88

Post by Andy88 »

Cheers for the reply, I can't get hold of the VIN till the morning as I'm out. So do I need to be looking under the seats instead of the dash?

Andy88

Post by Andy88 »

Also forgot to mention the rear passengers also have fans on the door columns with their own controls which are working fine.
I've attached an image of the part I checked and couldn't notice any obvious damage.
Attachments
peugeot-5008-peciuko-ventiliatoriaus-reustatas1.jpg

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Or you can PM me your registration to save time, as I won't know until I have this and it will save me posting a lot of irrelevant info.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Andy

Ok, so as I suspected you have the main front blower motor and Blower Motor Control Module and there are rear additional blowers fitted under the front seats for the rear passengers. Each of these also has a Blower Control Motor.
5008 Front Blower.PNG
5008 rear Blowers.PNG
Front Blower with BMCM shown at (13)Rear Blower units for rear passengers with separate BMCMs
So I suspect that your front blower motor control module is shot and and needs replacing. There is nothing visual you will be able to see to tell if it is defective.

If replacing the BMCM, a word of caution, don't be tempted to buy a cheap brand as they often last only a short time. Stick with a branded unit like Hella / BEHR / Valeo.

Andy88

Post by Andy88 »

Thankyou, I presume that's the part I removed yesterday. I'll take your advice and get a good unit and thanks again for the advice