Bluetooth radio not remembering pairing

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Peter Palmer

Bluetooth radio not remembering pairing

Post by Peter Palmer »

I've asked this question on the Berlingo forum (even though we have a dispatch) but didn't get any replies so I'll give it a go here. We have a 2015 Dispatch van, the enterprise model and the factory radio won't remember the bluetooth pairing with our phones all of a sudden, it used to work fine although it was still a bit of a faf with two separate phones linked to it but all of a sudden you need to enter the paring code every time you want to connect your phone either to make a call or play music. It still remembers the radio presets though so its not as if its losing power, when you go into the bluetooth menu it just says no phones are paired where as previously it even had the details of the previous owners phones.

We even had the battery off the other week for a few hours as we needed it to start another car so that would have done a re-set I presume if one was required.
admiral51
Donor 2021

Re: Bluetooth radio not remembering pairing

Post by admiral51 »

Just thinking aloud but is the head unit software up to date and or have the phones been updated with software, it could be an issue with one or both running on incompatable software ?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I suspect this is a problem with the hands free unit if fitted. Pop your VIN up and I'll see what system you have fitted.
Peter Palmer

Post by Peter Palmer »

I know this is an old topic but putting my VIN in another topic suddenly reminded me of this one.

VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

We are still having the same problem, pairs absolutely fine but once the engine has been switched off it doesn't remember the pairing.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so no Fiat units on this van, which if there were I would suggest a known issue with the bluetooth modules.

There is a technical document concerning this issue, but I don't have the contents unfortunately as there's a small charge for access. So I can't at this stage tell you what it is or what the fix is.
Peter Palmer

Post by Peter Palmer »

Ok thanks, how do I get hold of that document then, main dealer? Is it radio related as I could get another head unit, I do have diagbox/lexia available.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Peter, I've sent you a PM
Peter Palmer

Post by Peter Palmer »

Thanks, I've read the PM, I've just done a quick scan with diagbox and it says there aren't any faults stored for the radio. When it does a global scan and lists all the modules like the BSI etc. it shows the radio/radiotelephone as present but the "handsfree" is showing as not installed. I take it it doesn't need the handsfree bit because the radio is a self contained bluetooth one?

I have also ripped out the traffic master system whilst I had the dash panels off (replacing gear linkage) I was sick of hearing "satellites are back in view". It was surprisingly easy to do, the only wires connected to the car were a blue and red wire hacked into the loom and a brown ground wire, everything else went to the various traffic master bits (GPS aerial, microphone, speaker, and phone USB plug).

I'll let you know about the PM in due course.

Thanks again.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So you do have the RD45 system which has integrated Bluetooth, but you also have a telephone interface unit. This may be for emergency calls / assistance - so check if you have an SOS or Services button somewhere - if you do that telephone interface will be for that. But as far as Bluetooth goes, this module is integrated into the RD45.