Citroen C6 pollen filter help.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cornesoutafrica

Citroen C6 pollen filter help.

Unread post by cornesoutafrica »

Hi guys.

Hope everyone is ok. Not been here a while since my C6 has been behaving. Just shy of 100 000 miles. Did some bushes replacing. Rims repair due to salt damage and replaced two front tyres.

I recently used a toyota evaporator cleaner to clean the AC system. Worked quite well!! Now I want to replace my pollen filter. It seems that in the months my car was sold 08/08/08 there was a changeover of pollenfilters. Now I am unsure if my car uses the old style or the new style unit. Can you guys help me figure out which one I need? I bought the car with the current filter, which seems to have been squashed into place. I think my car has the ‘newer’ system. But I’m unsure. Can I still provide my VIN number for help or has systems changed?

Kind regards
Corne

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen C6 pollen filter help.

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Corne

Things have changed slightly in that PSA now charge for live parts data, so we ask for a donation that covers members for up to 2 years of parts enquiries.

Details in the table links:
A response to your question by a forum admin will require detailed vehicle information that requires you to have made a current contribution to the Forum.
Donate

Further Information
Generally, there were several filters available from PSA - an OEM standard filter, then a cheaper version and lastly a premium version that incorporates active charcoal and is also an anti-allergen version.

Our min. donation for parts info is £10 or 216 SA Rand for up to 2 years.

tich731

Unread post by tich731 »

I've just replaced the pollen filter on my 2009 2.2 and can confirm that there are 2 sizes of pollen filter available. I believe the changeover was made in June 2008.

I measured the dimensions of the later type and they are - 269mm x 196mm x 30mm. The earlier type measures 314mm x 152mm x 40mm.

After being incorrectly supplied with Mahle LAK232, I found the correct filter was Mahle LAK437 and this fitted perfectly.

It took a bit of wriggling to fit it into the housing as I couldn't line it up exactly square.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

The reason was that the actual heating units were re-engineered / changed from 29th June 2008, that's why there are 2 different sets of filters, each set for a specific heater unit, and each filter set having a choice of 3 options, OEM Standard, OEM Cheaper version and an OEM Premium anti allergen.