X7 injector coding

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Broken-down

X7 injector coding

Unread post by Broken-down »

Hi all and thanks for letting me join.,newbie here on the forum and with citroen so I hope I havent bought a pup! I need to change no1 cyl injector and was wondering if the new one will need recoding to ecu, I know some do and some do not but no idea on this car. The engine is the 1 6hdi. Thank-you.

Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Re: X7 injector coding

Unread post by Peter.N. »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I haven't had an injector problem with mine yet, they generally seem to be a very reliable engine, the previous 8 valve 2.0. didn't need the injectors programming but don't know about this one. I sure someone will be along shortly who does.

Peter

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Broken-down wrote:
29 May 2020, 11:20
Hi all and thanks for letting me join.,newbie here on the forum and with citroen so I hope I havent bought a pup! I need to change no1 cyl injector and was wondering if the new one will need recoding to ecu, I know some do and some do not but no idea on this car. The engine is the 1 6hdi. Thank-you.
You'll need to provide your VIN (automatically masked) so we know exactly which engine and system you have fitted, but either of the 2 1.6 HDi engines need new injectors to be coded:

DV6C Engines: note the injector classification (6 characters).
DV6TED4 Engines: note the injector classification (8 / 9 characters).

When replacing the injectors on both these engines, they must be coded using a diagnostic tool.

Broken-down

Thanks Marc
Would I be right in thinking the tool isn't a standard obd2 type.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

The diagnostic port is a standard OBDII port. You can connect other compliant diagnostic equipment - but these vary in their capabilities of course.

The bespoke diagnostic software used with an Actia VCI Clone for PSA cars is Diagbox / Lexia / PP2000 depending on year, but in either case all are included and encapsulated within the Diagbox software.

Broken-down

Thank-you