C4 VTS 180 - Lexia says engine ECU not recognized

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lancia58

C4 VTS 180 - Lexia says engine ECU not recognized

Post by lancia58 »

Hi

I hooked my Lexia to my C4 VTS 180 and activated the global test at the Injection field in the fault column there was a question mark - see image

When I selected the Injection field I got the following and I selected RFK ( as the engine is RFK )

Next I selected RFK and got the following message

I clicked Enter and open the read fault and got the following faults

I have the following questions:

1) Is the ECU not recognized is a common problem to this type of engine ( RFK ) ? If not is it a Lexia SW problem ( it works fine with my Xantia, C4 NFU engine, C4 THP engine ).
Can it be an ECU problem - may be wrong configuration of the ECU
2) Assuming the fault reading is correct - referring to the "Upstream Oxygen sensor SC , -OC " (error code is P0131) does this mean the Upstream Oxygen
sensor is faulty and should be replaced ? I guess the other fault "Richness regulation coherence" ( error code is P0170 ) is related to the other fault

Thanks
Zohar

wheeler

Re: C4 VTS 180 - Lexia says engine ECU not recognized

Post by wheeler »

lancia58 wrote:
17 Apr 2020, 13:56
2) Assuming the fault reading is correct - referring to the "Upstream Oxygen sensor SC , -OC " (error code is P0131) does this mean the Upstream Oxygen
sensor is faulty and should be replaced ? I guess the other fault "Richness regulation coherence" ( error code is P0170 ) is related to the other fault

Thanks
Zohar
I could mean that the O2 sensor may be faulty. Lexia is not that good. Needs a bit more investigation, can you access live data of the O2 sensors? that would be a first step. It could also be a wiring fault between the sensor & ECU. If you validate on the fault code you can get a bit more info. Is the car running OK?

As for the ECU not recognised thing, its certainly not unusual & sometimes happens, don't know why exactly but I wouldn't worry about it as long as you have manually selected the correct ECU.