C4 VTS 180 - Lexia says engine ECU not recognized

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lancia58
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Xantia 2.0 16V Automatic make year 2000 LHD
Citroen C4 THP Automatic make year 2009 LHD
Citroen C4 VTS 2.0 16V make year 2006 LHD

C4 VTS 180 - Lexia says engine ECU not recognized

Post by lancia58 »

Hi

I hooked my Lexia to my C4 VTS 180 and activated the global test at the Injection field in the fault column there was a question mark - see image

When I selected the Injection field I got the following and I selected RFK ( as the engine is RFK )

Next I selected RFK and got the following message

I clicked Enter and open the read fault and got the following faults

I have the following questions:

1) Is the ECU not recognized is a common problem to this type of engine ( RFK ) ? If not is it a Lexia SW problem ( it works fine with my Xantia, C4 NFU engine, C4 THP engine ).
Can it be an ECU problem - may be wrong configuration of the ECU
2) Assuming the fault reading is correct - referring to the "Upstream Oxygen sensor SC , -OC " (error code is P0131) does this mean the Upstream Oxygen
sensor is faulty and should be replaced ? I guess the other fault "Richness regulation coherence" ( error code is P0170 ) is related to the other fault

Thanks
Zohar
Xantia 2.0 16V Automatic make year 2000 LHD
Citroen C4 THP Automatic make year 2009 LHD
Citroen C4 VTS 2.0 16V make year 2006 LHD
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: C4 VTS 180 - Lexia says engine ECU not recognized

Post by wheeler »

lancia58 wrote: 17 Apr 2020, 13:56 2) Assuming the fault reading is correct - referring to the "Upstream Oxygen sensor SC , -OC " (error code is P0131) does this mean the Upstream Oxygen
sensor is faulty and should be replaced ? I guess the other fault "Richness regulation coherence" ( error code is P0170 ) is related to the other fault

Thanks
Zohar
I could mean that the O2 sensor may be faulty. Lexia is not that good. Needs a bit more investigation, can you access live data of the O2 sensors? that would be a first step. It could also be a wiring fault between the sensor & ECU. If you validate on the fault code you can get a bit more info. Is the car running OK?

As for the ECU not recognised thing, its certainly not unusual & sometimes happens, don't know why exactly but I wouldn't worry about it as long as you have manually selected the correct ECU.