Mounting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Steveo
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 Estate 2009

Mounting

Post by Steveo »

Hi guys
I hope everyone is staying safe?
I have another question for our experts if someone would be so kind as to assist.
Sometimes when I set off in first gear say at a junction there is a slight judder and if you catch it it's not a problem, but the juddering can get worse if you miss the signs.
I have found that this doesn't appear to happen when I am setting off from a hill start or when I am setting off going down hill.
I have also noticed that when I blip the accelerator pedal I can feel movement in the body of the car similar to the engine trying to rotate on its mountings this is not a violent movement but seems to be worse when the engine is cold.
The car 2.0 hdi has had a new clutch fitted at around 40 000 (previous owner receipts supplied) and it has now got 75 000 on the clock.
The gentleman I purchased the car from was not a racing driver and nor did he ride the clutch.
From memory the cost of the clutch including dual mass was over £1000 and fitted by Citroen dealership.
The dual mass is silent ie no rumbling on tick over or through the rev range and no knocking or banging.
As I have mentioned in a previous post I am recovering from a bad back (Sciatica) so I am unable to scramble under the car at the moment, so the question is to our experts / C5 x7 owners is does your car have any movement like the engine trying to rotate when you blip the throttle pedal to say 2000 revs?
I personally think its the bottom engine mount is this a known fault in this model?

Thank you in anticipation
Stay safe
Regards
Steve
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Mounting

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are quite a few components: at least 6 engine mounting brackets, anti torque links etc., so impossible to diagnose remotely - no known issues I'm aware of, but like any flexible support, they will wear out over time.

I think this is one where it will need to go up on a 4 post lift where the supports can be examined.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Steveo
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 Estate 2009

Re: Mounting

Post by Steveo »

Cheers Marc I suppose it will have to wait until lock down is lifted as most of the garages have called it a day where I am
Thank you
Steve