Mounting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Steveo

Mounting

Post by Steveo »

Hi guys
I hope everyone is staying safe?
I have another question for our experts if someone would be so kind as to assist.
Sometimes when I set off in first gear say at a junction there is a slight judder and if you catch it it's not a problem, but the juddering can get worse if you miss the signs.
I have found that this doesn't appear to happen when I am setting off from a hill start or when I am setting off going down hill.
I have also noticed that when I blip the accelerator pedal I can feel movement in the body of the car similar to the engine trying to rotate on its mountings this is not a violent movement but seems to be worse when the engine is cold.
The car 2.0 hdi has had a new clutch fitted at around 40 000 (previous owner receipts supplied) and it has now got 75 000 on the clock.
The gentleman I purchased the car from was not a racing driver and nor did he ride the clutch.
From memory the cost of the clutch including dual mass was over £1000 and fitted by Citroen dealership.
The dual mass is silent ie no rumbling on tick over or through the rev range and no knocking or banging.
As I have mentioned in a previous post I am recovering from a bad back (Sciatica) so I am unable to scramble under the car at the moment, so the question is to our experts / C5 x7 owners is does your car have any movement like the engine trying to rotate when you blip the throttle pedal to say 2000 revs?
I personally think its the bottom engine mount is this a known fault in this model?

Thank you in anticipation
Stay safe
Regards
Steve

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Mounting

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are quite a few components: at least 6 engine mounting brackets, anti torque links etc., so impossible to diagnose remotely - no known issues I'm aware of, but like any flexible support, they will wear out over time.

I think this is one where it will need to go up on a 4 post lift where the supports can be examined.

Steveo

Re: Mounting

Post by Steveo »

Cheers Marc I suppose it will have to wait until lock down is lifted as most of the garages have called it a day where I am
Thank you
Steve