Changing front headlights, citroen xsara

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nash3f
New User

Changing front headlights, citroen xsara

Post by nash3f »

I'm trying to change the headlights on my xsara 2001, apparently i need to remove the front bumper.
I will appreciate some directions on how to remove it safely I'm really trying but can't find where to remove it from

white exec
Moderating Team

Re: Changing front headlights, citroen xsara

Post by white exec »

Hi, and welcome.
Do post your VIN, so we can be sure to get the vehicle build details correct.

wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Im guessing this is a mk2?
You don't need to fully remove the bumper, you can just drop it down enough at the one side to access the lower bolt.
Rough instruction from memory, undo the torx screws above the front grille, undo the screws that hold the wheel arch liner to the bumper, there is also a screw that goes up the way that holds the bumper to the front wing. Theres a few 10mm bolts on the bottom of the that also hold the undertray (if fitted). The bumper is held in place on plastic clips, you can then pull the bumper forwards to unclip it, this can sometimes need quite a hefty tug to get it to unclip. Once its unclipped you can drop it down at one side to access the lower headlamp bolt.

JohnD
Donor 2019

Post by JohnD »

My daughter used to have a 2002 Xsara and about 12 years ago I had to remove the headlamp. I'm pretty sure that besides having to remove the bumper, I also had to loosen off the cross member to reach the bottom fixing bolt on the lamp.
P1020572.JPG