Re-install

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

moizeau
Donor 2020

Re-install

Post by moizeau »

After all the success with the van the laptop died this morning. Just re-installing diagbox onto a spare. It's up and running but won't automatically update to 7.02, it's stuck on 7.01. Due to this I haven't risked doing the updates to 7.57. Any ideas anyone?
Cheers

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Re-install

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Once it restarts after initial installation and activation it should auto update to 7.02 Pete.

moizeau
Donor 2020

Re: Re-install

Post by moizeau »

Cheers Marc, yeah I read that, I have the original instructions from Jim. 1st attempt wouldn't validate after the installation. I had internet on as per the instructions but when I put the customer code number in from the VCI it didn't work and didn't get to the name / car phone bit. The 2nd time I did exactly the same but plugged in the VCI before I entered the number and all was good, but wouldn't automatically update. I can't remember if the internet was on or off (it was getting late by now). I then just did the update from the disc regardless from 7.01 thinking I probably would have to start again anyway so nothing to lose...and it worked, up to 7.57. Just plugged it in and everything is fine.