C3 Picasso Dipped Beams Failed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jimopg

C3 Picasso Dipped Beams Failed

Post by jimopg »

I have a 2011 C3 Picasso 1.6 HDI
2 weeks ago the far side dipped beam headlight failed. I checked the bulb and fuse and they are both are OK. Today the other dipped beam headlight has also failed.(fuse and bulb OK) Both side lights and headlights are working OK.
I think the problem may be in the fuse box ??
However I have checked the connectors inside the fuse box and they are dry.(no water getting in)

This is my first post and I hope you can help me point to the likely caiuse of the problem.

Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C3 Picasso Dipped Beams Failed

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome. Pop your VIN up - we need to ascertain exact model and electrical architecture, then should be able to help.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Welcome!

Are you completely sure the bulbs are OK? Don't know the configuration of this car, but can you swap in the main beam bulbs to test? After that you will need a volt meter to test whether you have power at the bulbs and at the fuse box.
jimopg

Post by jimopg »

Thnks for gettting back to me .
The VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff].
A friend used a volt meter and we had only around 8V at the actual bulb holder.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are separate fuses for both the left and right hand dipped beam headlamps in the Engine Fusebox:

F17 - Left Dipped Beam
F18 - Right Dipped Beam

Maxi Fuses MF4 & MF5 seem to be responsible for the supply to the Engine Fusebox. It may be worth having a look around there for signs of trouble. But do double check the bulbs, as often when one goes the other soon follows.