407 2.0 16v hdi towing wiring

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mudneckblues

407 2.0 16v hdi towing wiring

Post by mudneckblues »

Hi,

Installed anker towbar but now need to wire the electric. I have the bypass relay teb7as 7 way for standard or modulated circuits but reading up on this system I probably can't get away with being all mud neck with the install and just jacking into the lighting circuit near the bulbs.

So I need the Peugeot approved wiring as this appears to join into sockets provided. Anyone know where I can find the kit for this.

Thanks Rich

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 407 2.0 16v hdi towing wiring

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So are you saying you bought the proper Peugeot Trailer Relay Fuse Board / Control unit? Generally, the official electric wiring harnesses have all the fitting instructions.

This is the fuse box:
Towbar.PNG
There are specific compatible electrical wiring kits for this vehicle depending on 7 or 13 way. There are specific harnesses that depend on your multiplexed architecture, so I would talk to your dealer to ensure you get the right one - there are over 20 types.... so no point in me listing them all here as the right one is still hard to ascertain.

mudneckblues

Post by mudneckblues »

No I don't have that either. Thanks Marc will check with dealer.

Rich

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, best option as I don't want to recommend the wrong one - these have different options depending if you have to power a fridge or want additional connections, bulb out warning s etc...