Xantia X2 1.6i (greece) Hello!!

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Nick Orfanidis
My Cars: Citroen Xantia X2 (1.8i)

Xantia X2 1.6i (greece) Hello!!

Post by Nick Orfanidis »

Hello everyone! I own a xantia x2 with 1.6i engine. The car is not at a very good condition, because , all these years, my mother had this car. Now, I have a family, she doesn't need such a big vehicle, so I took it , and trying to fix everything, one small thing at a time. Besides the outfit condition (bumpers full of scratches) the engine is ok, but the return hoses (octapus) of the hydropneymatic circuit, start to crack. So when this happens, I replace the exact hose , with 60bar air hose, and connectors. The best would be to replace them with pa11 hoses (industry hoses for pneymatic machines), that would last for a lifetime. In this forum I found so much gathered information! I'm sure that, whatever I 'll need , you'll inform me, correctly! The only thing that this forum is missing (my opinion, always) is photographs in each subject (especially at direction threats). But I think it is the most massive forum for the french cars , worldwide!
IMG_20200119_085049_588.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Xantia X2 1.6i (greece) Hello!!

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome Nick.

Al lot of information has been built up over 20 years by members and not all of them had access to smartphones back then - so photos were a lot more involved. Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done with historical posts, unless the member goes back and updates it themselves. Unfortunately, the Xantia is becoming harder to get parts for now, so it's not likely that these older posts will be updated.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

Hi Nick,

The hoses which make up the 'octopus' are all very low pressure Return ones, with one exception: the one that leads across the engine compartment, and supplies the HP pump.

This one is not high pressure either, but is under suction from the pump. It is very important that it has sound air-tight joints at both ends, otherwise air can get sucked in, and cause problems for both steering and suspension.

Try to use perfectly circular clips at both ends of this, and not the normal stiff worm-type 'jubilee' clips, which usually have a flat section under the screw, and are not good on small diameter hoses.
Chris
Tiagovp
My Cars: Citroen C5 tourer 2009 1.6hdi 110hp

Post by Tiagovp »

Welcome!!
Nick Orfanidis

Post by Nick Orfanidis »

Hello again from Greece!
After one year in my hands the car has been changed a lot. And serviced. My father had it for 22 years and he didn't replace a thing , unless it was broken....soooo...
The first thing I've changed was the front top mounts of the suspension. As far as I'e learned , they need replacement every 10 years (correct me if I'm wrong) The top mounts that were on the car, were the factory ones (first version strut mounts). So, we 're talking about a pair of 22 year old strut mounts..... I've found a pair of mk2 strut mounts 2 year old (from a crashed car) that were almost perfect. During the replacement , I've changed the bump stops as well.

After these , the next thing I've replaced was the timing belt. The last date , that I saw at the "service book" of the car... was 12 years ago, when the timing belt was cut, because the previous owner.... didn't replace it in time.... So, in order to avoid another motor repair, I replaced it with a whole new set (the outside belt and the water pump were replaced as well).

After all these, I was ready to change oil, oil filter, spark plugs, new battery etc.

A few weeks ago , the hoses that go to the heater radiator, broke.... Such a pain to replace them , but I've done it successfully.

Besides the repairs, all this time , I've done some optical modifications at the car (not much, but I like them) Tinted headlights, new custom mask with grille, carbon-look film to many parts etc.

The next thing I'm gonna do, is dress the roof with carbon-look film, replace the a\c radiator (this one has leak) , tint the windows and hopefully at the summer make a front bumper custom spoiler (I'd like to find the zender one , but it's to hard to find it, so I'm gonna make something like this - I hope).

Every Saturday of Sunday (It depends on my work) I fix a little thing on the car.
One year , and I already feel in love with it. When I enter another car the ride feels so stiff...
Updates Loading.....................
Cheers!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Too late now but there is a firm in Lithuania that refurbishes - literally remakes them - the strut tops so they are better than from the factory.
Not cheap but less than replacements - if you can get replacements - and they last longer too.
The firm is listed in the "Recommended Garages & Services" forum
KingAs
Nick Orfanidis

Post by Nick Orfanidis »

Hello again everyone! It's been a while since my last post in the forum. Some things are changed.... So, my 1.6i (bfz) motor had a huge problem (a big crack at the cylinder block). The engine had to be changed immediately, cause the crack was getting bigger every week.... The thing is, that I wanted to put a bigger engine, without changing wiring electronics etc. So, I found out, that the 1.8i (LFZ or LFX) could work decently, with the 1.6i ECU, wiring, injectors, intake manifold and cam. The next thing, was to fing a good 1.8i engine... I've searched a lot, and finaly I found one , in good condition. The transplant finished a month ago, and the car is working perfectly. The 1.8 (8v) block - cylinder head, are cooperating with the 1.6 ecu,wiring,injectors and cam , perfectly... The torque is raised a lot. Soon, I 'll visit a friend of mine, to remap the ECU, to make the fuel more appropriate for the 1.8 motor, cause now the fuel that is provided to the motor is for 1.6. After that , I believe, that, I might see a little rise at the horsepower too... We'll see.....cheers!!!
Nick Orfanidis

Post by Nick Orfanidis »

So, after almost 3 years of having this car, a lot of changes were made.
Visualy, the car is black topped now. The hood and the roof are dressed with carbon look film, as well as a lot of exterior parts.
The front headlights opened, painted black to the outter mirror part and got their LED lights.
The front indicators as well as the red part of the tail lights were tinted a little.
The front bumper got a bottom lip, a couple of holes nearby the licence plate (for better ventilating) and I manufactored a pair of headlight water injectors (this part wasn't available in Greece, cause this model was not imported with this extra feature).
The hood front grill was replaced with a mess grill that I also made.
The front foglights were removed (for now) and the holes are used as air intakes for the air filter.
The rear bumper got a big opening at the bottom (I might make a rear diffuser there)
The factory trunk spoiler raised by 2 centimeters, and got a rubber lip as well.
The Zender sideskirts were found (This part , also, was not importex in Greece) and installed.

Mechanically, the engine was replaced - combined with a 1800cc 8v. I kept the ECU , the intake, the fuel injectors and the cam of the 1600cc 8v, and replaced the engine block and the cylinder head. So, now the car is a 1800cc 8v.
All the engine hoses are upgraded, and I installed an oil catch tank.
Every hydraulic hose that was weathered is replaced partially with Polyamide hose, and the plastic multi-connectors are replaced with metallic ones.
I, also made a custom air filter intake, and I installed a grounding kit.

All the plastic parts of the car that were weather or cracked, were replaced with new ones.

In the interior, I have replaced all the lights with LEDs.
The radio unit is replaced with a 7" radio screen.
The floor carpet is replaced.

One small repair - upgrade at the time. I have a lot of plans for future upgrades.
Attachments
20220316_193330.jpg
Nick Orfanidis

Post by Nick Orfanidis »

Some photos from today.....
Attachments
20220319_200907.jpg
20220319_200845.jpg
Nick Orfanidis

Post by Nick Orfanidis »

Some changes are done from the last time....
Attachments
302059001_7874273199310075_4466999669439206335_n.jpg
Nick Orfanidis

Post by Nick Orfanidis »

Hello again.
So, last week , I removed the front bumper , for some mods.
At first I installed LED lights to the fog lights.
It needs a modification to the clip that holds the original bulb to the fog light.
After that I removed the custom front spoiler , and enforced it with some coats of polyester resin with fiber glass sheets. Then, I dressed it again with carbon look vinyl sticker and looks awesome.
20230714_205921.jpg
20230714_180339.jpg
20230713_110117.jpg
20230713_110126.jpg
20230713_235804.jpg