2002 c5 suspension wiring diagram?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hannahgirl
My Cars: cars i own,
2002 Green Citroen c5 estate 2.2 hdi exclusive SE
2004 Blue Peugeot 206 4 door sports
1998 Black Fiat Seicento s
2004 Sliver Citroen c5 caravan trailer
1995 Yellow Fiat Cinqcento sporting trailer

cars i no longer have,
1995 pink Fiat Cinqcencento
1999 Silver Renault Laguna mk1
2000 White Citroen Berlingo van
2000 White Peugeot Boxer van
1999 Blue Fiat Seicento citymatic
1995 Green Citroen AX 5 door

2002 c5 suspension wiring diagram?

Post by hannahgirl »

hi there, i am working on a little project, i just bought a smashed up c5 estate, i am going to cut the back off and turn it into a c5 caravan, but i would like to get the suspension working and raise it up from the rear boot height switch, can anyone please help me find a wiring diagram for the pump so that i can use it? many thanks for your time, hannah
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: 2002 c5 suspension wiring diagram?

Post by wheeler »

For anyone to get the correct wiring diagram the VIN of the car will ideally be needed to take the guesswork out of it. Your VIN will automatically be masked & only moderators will be able to see it.
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

Hi hannah
That's quite an intriguing sounding project you have there!
When you say you're going to the cut the back off and turn it into a caravan, do you mean you're going to lose the front of the car and turn the car into a trailer, or you're keeping the c5 as a running car but cutting the rear body off and adding a caravan body to the back (to make it like a campervan type thing).

You may or may not know, but the suspension on C5's is all ECU controlled - so it's not a matter of traditional wiring between a switch and pump etc.

The rear suspension height switch sends a command, via the BSI module (ECU), to the suspension ECU, which then operates the relevant valve (so that only the rear suspension height is altered) and runs the pump.
In order for the rear suspension height switch to work, the BSI also has to see that the rear hatch is open (so the BSI picks up a signal from the tilt switch in the rear tailgate). If it doesn't see that the rear hatch it open, it won't pass the command to the suspension ECU*

*This functionality/criteria description is correct but I'm making an assuming that it's the BSI that checks the logic between suspension switch and tailgate position - it could be the suspension ECU that does that instead.

I do have the oem wiring diagram book for the Mk1 C5 estate, but it's not the easiest to navigate (the diagrams are fine, but the narrative to tell you what the diagram relates to, isn't) and it doesn't cover the entire car system in one book - from what I can make out, it basically covers the looms that are different to the saloons, so you need to read it in conjunction with some other books in the series.

If you can confirm exactly what model and year of C5 you have (is it the '02 HDI exclusive listed in your profile box?) I can try and identify the relevant pages in the book and scan them for you?
I would probably also need to know if the car also has rear parking sensors and a factory fitted towbar or not - these options can result in different looms having been installed at the rear of the car (as does H3 or H3+ suspension systems, but that will be answered by the trim level anyway).
Alternatively, if you're up this way at all, more than welcome to drop in and have a look through it/take copies as needed.
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
hannahgirl
My Cars: cars i own,
2002 Green Citroen c5 estate 2.2 hdi exclusive SE
2004 Blue Peugeot 206 4 door sports
1998 Black Fiat Seicento s
2004 Sliver Citroen c5 caravan trailer
1995 Yellow Fiat Cinqcento sporting trailer

cars i no longer have,
1995 pink Fiat Cinqcencento
1999 Silver Renault Laguna mk1
2000 White Citroen Berlingo van
2000 White Peugeot Boxer van
1999 Blue Fiat Seicento citymatic
1995 Green Citroen AX 5 door

Post by hannahgirl »

wurlycorner wrote: 28 Aug 2019, 09:27 Hi hannah
That's quite an intriguing sounding project you have there!
When you say you're going to the cut the back off and turn it into a caravan, do you mean you're going to lose the front of the car and turn the car into a trailer, or you're keeping the c5 as a running car but cutting the rear body off and adding a caravan body to the back (to make it like a campervan type thing).

You may or may not know, but the suspension on C5's is all ECU controlled - so it's not a matter of traditional wiring between a switch and pump etc.

The rear suspension height switch sends a command, via the BSI module (ECU), to the suspension ECU, which then operates the relevant valve (so that only the rear suspension height is altered) and runs the pump.
In order for the rear suspension height switch to work, the BSI also has to see that the rear hatch is open (so the BSI picks up a signal from the tilt switch in the rear tailgate). If it doesn't see that the rear hatch it open, it won't pass the command to the suspension ECU*

*This functionality/criteria description is correct but I'm making an assuming that it's the BSI that checks the logic between suspension switch and tailgate position - it could be the suspension ECU that does that instead.

I do have the oem wiring diagram book for the Mk1 C5 estate, but it's not the easiest to navigate (the diagrams are fine, but the narrative to tell you what the diagram relates to, isn't) and it doesn't cover the entire car system in one book - from what I can make out, it basically covers the looms that are different to the saloons, so you need to read it in conjunction with some other books in the series.

If you can confirm exactly what model and year of C5 you have (is it the '02 HDI exclusive listed in your profile box?) I can try and identify the relevant pages in the book and scan them for you?
I would probably also need to know if the car also has rear parking sensors and a factory fitted towbar or not - these options can result in different looms having been installed at the rear of the car (as does H3 or H3+ suspension systems, but that will be answered by the trim level anyway).
Alternatively, if you're up this way at all, more than welcome to drop in and have a look through it/take copies as needed.
hi hunnie sorry for the late reply, just an update really, i been sooo busy with work and also spending time with my partner in essex,
ok i have manage to rewire the pump with the switch in the boot, and had to do a few mods to the pump in order for it to work, but after 2 weeks on trying to look at the wiring etc i manage to get it all working,
Attachments
20190928_120406.jpg