Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDI 2001

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDI 2001

Post by oscar »

Hi got the car in for the clutch as guy been waiting on for ages saying not having time plus not rushed either
Got all the bits inc guide tube Borg and Beck HKD0006 now place doing says it's wrong one as too long?
Got onto place got parts from they was checking and say yes and info where getting from is wrong as says my engine is a DW10 and they say is something like DYGK or could it be DVGK? neither heard of! and they gave me a part number said this one will be right one? FEBI 46008 yet when i checked on line alternate listed parts was the B&B HDK0006 again.

Tried to source one Euro poop don't do them w*****s so spoke to GSF said have one mate picked it up and took it to place and is same as one i'd already got!
IMG-20190429-WA0002[1].jpg
Was wondering if had worn it down when thrust race etc broke up and to me it looks a tad compressed also
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDI 2001

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Post your VIN up if you want to know exactly what engine code you have and the clutch part numbers. Aftermarket parts databases are useless most of the time.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
oscar

Post by oscar »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 00:45 Post your VIN up if you want to know exactly what engine code you have and the clutch part numbers. Aftermarket parts databases are useless most of the time.

Hi found log book it is DYGK first letters on engine number.

VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Part no:

2105 35

CLUTCH BUFFER GUIDE BUSH

This appears to be the only one used on the Xsara Pic and is used on loads of other Cits, but there is no mention of length. I would just fit the longer one, and as long as the box will mate up all good - if not, then drop the box back out and shorten it a bit.
Richard W
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

oscar wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 08:17
GiveMeABreak wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 00:45 Post your VIN up if you want to know exactly what engine code you have and the clutch part numbers. Aftermarket parts databases are useless most of the time.

VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
So for future reference, your Picasso’s engine code is DW10TD, what you posted is not the code, but part of the engine serial number.

Richard has given you the guide part number. If you need other parts, let us know.

Marc
oscar

Post by oscar »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 09:32
oscar wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 08:17

VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
So for future reference, your Picasso’s engine code is DW10TD, what you posted is not the code, but part of the engine serial number.

Richard has given you the guide part number. If you need other parts, let us know.

Hi many thanks it also comes back as other number i have already as alternate part via B&B.
Me thinks ones doing don't have a clue! just putting them side by side instead of checking fit?
oscar

Post by oscar »

RichardW wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 09:13 Part no:

2105 35

CLUTCH BUFFER GUIDE BUSH

This appears to be the only one used on the Xsara Pic and is used on loads of other Cits, but there is no mention of length. I would just fit the longer one, and as long as the box will mate up all good - if not, then drop the box back out and shorten it a bit.

Hi many thanks for that part number does follow one i have from B&B also!
Could the tube get worn as thrust race parts break up? it did used to get stuck down a bit on release sometimes you needed to flick pedal up which we thought was spring on pedal box?
What would sometimes become notchy when using clutch and hard to push pedal down sometimes.

In pic does look a bit concertinaed.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Personally I always get the original part number against the VIN. From this is makes it so much easier to search on and get the right equivalent aftermarket part. Engine codes are not always helpful as their databases are invariably out of date or just plain wrong - just like a Haynes manual. :-D

If you need any parts, it only takes a second or two to ask here and as we have your VIN now, it will be very quick to get these for you.

Marc
oscar

Post by oscar »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 15:14 Personally I always get the original part number against the VIN. From this is makes it so much easier to search on and get the right equivalent aftermarket part. Engine codes are not always helpful as their databases are invariably out of date or just plain wrong - just like a Haynes manual. :-D

If you need any parts, it only takes a second or two to ask here and as we have your VIN now, it will be very quick to get these for you.

Hi thanks for help.
Rang them and says fixed they got one in from somewhere? but can't see how wrong as all parts come back to same number! be it Febi/B&B/GSF and looked at that number given here which listed on flea bay had 140 pages listed it fits so many cars all types also.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, eBay parts list is a joke. I’ve tested it countless times and it’s rarely correct.

Most decent manufacturers have their own parts catalogue like Valeo, Bosch, LUK, Magneti Marelli etc., and they often list the OEM part number and then their equivalent part number.

Marc
oscar

Post by oscar »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 21:15 Yes, eBay parts list is a joke. I’ve tested it countless times and it’s rarely correct.

Most decent manufacturers have their own parts catalogue like Valeo, Bosch, LUK, Magneti Marelli etc., and they often list the OEM part number and then their equivalent part number.

The place did list by OE number also plus other makers.
Ebay it's self is an issue! as say's part don't fit yet when scroll through it's in there listing!

Other thing while at it N/S/R brake sticks on when braking first time but was stuck on when tried to move it other day.
Also flexi that side need to change was in process doing before clutch failed but needed a brake crows foot as the brake spanners can't get in at that angle to reach ok on other end.
did think of undoing from cylinder and other end then unbolt plate it fixes to remove and refit with new pipe!
oscar

Post by oscar »

Hi well went to collect car!
They said pedal on brakes not good "it's leaking fluid?" i did say was a tiny weep on rear pipe but only if hold pedal down so not a pool of it!
Well pedal was on floor moved it said there isn't any brakes asked did you bleed them as res was totally empty.so said no point as leaking so much!

Erm so why is the mess at the front not the rear then? and when he said was lots i thought maybe pipe had broke? but after seeing it thought they must have caught one of the front pipes?

They said can't do pipe till next week £120!!

So got it round corner to where we was nothing showing at first then saw a spot then later a lot more did move car so could check looked clean!
Rang RAC Luckily i had done it yesterday as was with AA before till they took the proverbial pee!
Guy turned up was Top he looked said gearbox and said dripping from bell housing!
I also said engine management light was on a black smoking!
In the end he towed me round on the bar and they was still going on about brakes leaking but said as he had also to me once do clutch with res empty have to bleed brakes out as air gets in!.

so now have to wait to see what there going to come back with?
oscar

Post by oscar »

Well they say done? it was drive shaft seal leaking but still won't bleed the brakes!
oscar

Post by oscar »

Hi well got the car back and rear flexy pipe is replaced and all bled!

But notice handbrake seems to only work or best on one side as feel that side rise more as was rolling back but that side also sticks on so a job to factor in!

Also EM light is on but seems all ok thinking could that be from when Crank shaft sensor got munched by bits from clutch flying around.

Saw the clutch that came out arm had been on pressure plate and clutch tube was broken at base plate was down to rivets'ish!