Unsure what unit I have possible RNEG??

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

citroenc5mad

Unsure what unit I have possible RNEG??

Post by citroenc5mad »

Hi guys as the subject really trying to figure out what type of unit I have in my 2009 vtr+nav.
As I'm looking to upgrade this so I can stream music from my phone without losing any off my current features I have been scrolling this forum for the fast knowledge available but still no wiser also I noticed a lot of it needs coding to the vin no. But there are a few on Ebay that say they can code before sending the unit so you just plug in and use.
This is my current unit. I do have an aux (mono/phono) in the glove box. But surprised theres no USB connection also.
20190409_124706.jpg
Look forward to the replays guys thanks for reading
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Unsure what unit I have possible RNEG??

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If you post up your VIN (which will, for security reasons, be obscured; but the Moderators can read it) a Moderator with the right access can see what you car had when she rolled out of the factory, including the exact radio system she had.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

citroenc5mad wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 13:26
As I'm looking to upgrade this so I can stream music from my phone without losing any off my current features

Easy way - get a bluetooth receiver and plug it into the AUX. You don't get control of playback but it also won't cost you an arm and a leg.

Upgrading that unit (which is an RNEG, the SD card slot is a giveaway) to a newer one will need both the head unit and display, and display surround. There is a massive thread on it here.
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

I have one of these for bluetooth audio streaming with MyWay and it works quite fine: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Yatour- ... 55769.html

You can even control playback (skip tracks) with that, unfortunately it´s not capable of showing track info on screen.