Unsure what unit I have possible RNEG??

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

citroenc5mad

Unsure what unit I have possible RNEG??

Post by citroenc5mad »

Hi guys as the subject really trying to figure out what type of unit I have in my 2009 vtr+nav.
As I'm looking to upgrade this so I can stream music from my phone without losing any off my current features I have been scrolling this forum for the fast knowledge available but still no wiser also I noticed a lot of it needs coding to the vin no. But there are a few on Ebay that say they can code before sending the unit so you just plug in and use.
This is my current unit. I do have an aux (mono/phono) in the glove box. But surprised theres no USB connection also.
20190409_124706.jpg
Look forward to the replays guys thanks for reading
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Re: Unsure what unit I have possible RNEG??

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If you post up your VIN (which will, for security reasons, be obscured; but the Moderators can read it) a Moderator with the right access can see what you car had when she rolled out of the factory, including the exact radio system she had.
Homer

Post by Homer »

citroenc5mad wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 13:26

As I'm looking to upgrade this so I can stream music from my phone without losing any off my current features

Easy way - get a bluetooth receiver and plug it into the AUX. You don't get control of playback but it also won't cost you an arm and a leg.

Upgrading that unit (which is an RNEG, the SD card slot is a giveaway) to a newer one will need both the head unit and display, and display surround. There is a massive thread on it here.
Xantippa

Post by Xantippa »

I have one of these for bluetooth audio streaming with MyWay and it works quite fine: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Yatour- ... 55769.html

You can even control playback (skip tracks) with that, unfortunately it´s not capable of showing track info on screen.