Does anyone have any experience on the MPG of the N/A XUD9 vs the Turbocharged ones?
I'm specifically thinking for in the Dispatch, but I'd welcome experiences from other vehicles.
Things I know will be relevant beyond the basic physics:
- How hard it's driven - stop-starting vs 55mph motorway vs 70mph motorway
- Gear ratios - I assume the N/A is geared a little more generously so you can pull away more easily
- Gear selection - You can move up the gears more quickly in the turbo than the N/A
- Labouring the engine - everything is a struggle in the N/A Dispatch
- Time at full throttle - the N/A is at full throttle for a longer time than the turbo
For what it's worth, my owner's handbook specifies:
1.9D: 31MPG Urban, 41MPG Extra Urban
1.9TD: 26MPG Urban, 42MPG Extra Urban
This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Messages: 1 • Page 1 of 1