C5 X7 Engine Management light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
10051550
Posts: 43
Joined: 03 Apr 2012, 13:36
x 1

C5 X7 Engine Management light

Unread post by 10051550 »

Hi Guys.

I have a 2011 C5 X7 2.0 HDi with the engine management light on

A quick check with my USB code reader reveals P2084

Could this be a sensor - any one else had this issue ?

I had given it a run down the Motorway in the hope that it might clear - but no luck
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 41989
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 6957

Re: C5 X7 Engine Management light

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

If you have the DW10CTED4 engine, it will have the Delphi Injection system. That code is detailed below:
Fault CodeP2084
After sales description of the fault codeParticulate filter upstream gas temperature sensor: Voltage variation outside the tolerance
Description of the diagnostics
  • Electrical fault in the particle filter upstream temperature sensor
  • Variation in the temperature of more than 100 °C per second
Conditions of activation of the diagnosticsEngine running
Conditions of disappearance of the faultDriving with the engine hot for 5 minutes
Down-grade modes if fault presentDeactivation of the request for regeneration of the particle filter from the diagnostic tool
Switching on of the warning lamp and/or warning messageWarning lamp MIL
Main customer complaints likelyNo effects immediately perceptible to the customer
Suspect areas
  • Particulate filter upstream gas temperature sensor
  • Connector
  • Electrical harness
So on the basis of this code alone, it would seem your gas temp sensor is either faulty, or the electrical connections are. I will need your VIN to confirm this, as there's only so far the crystal ball can see. :-D

If it is the sensor that is faulty, here is all the info you need (pending VIN for confirmation)
X7 DW10CTED4 Gas Temp Sensor.PNG
Item 2 on the Diagram
Part No: 1618KP
Price £127.14 inc. VAT from Citroen
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.

Marc
10051550
Posts: 43
Joined: 03 Apr 2012, 13:36
x 1

Re: C5 X7 Engine Management light

Unread post by 10051550 »

Thanks Marc

VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] is this the correct part
10051550
Posts: 43
Joined: 03 Apr 2012, 13:36
x 1

Re: C5 X7 Engine Management light

Unread post by 10051550 »

Hmm can’t seem to post vin sorry , will check with dealer thanks again
User avatar
Paul-R
Moderating Team
Posts: 9340
Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
x 1942

Re: C5 X7 Engine Management light

Unread post by Paul-R »

Don't worry about your vin post. The forum software "knows" a vin has been posted and obscures it so that it is hidden from general view. The Mods and Admins can see it though.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 41989
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 6957

Re: C5 X7 Engine Management light

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Thanks for answering that one Paul I was tied up with XM sphere specs on another query! :-D
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.

Marc
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 41989
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 6957

Re: C5 X7 Engine Management light

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

10051550 wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 15:51 Hmm can’t seem to post vin sorry , will check with dealer thanks again

Yes correct parts as per my diagram - confirmed with your VIN.
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.

Marc
10051550
Posts: 43
Joined: 03 Apr 2012, 13:36
x 1

Re: C5 X7 Engine Management light

Unread post by 10051550 »

Great thanks
User avatar
ozzdownunder
Posts: 58
Joined: 26 Apr 2016, 07:25
x 2

Re: C5 X7 Engine Management light

Unread post by ozzdownunder »

Hi, I own a Citroen C5X7 MY11 HDI Vin VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] - Also the ENGINE MANAGEMENT warning light is constantly on. Have disconnected the batt for a hour and when restarting it still comes on. It all sounds ok, nothing that I can hear or see is wrong. What could the problem be ?
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 02 Oct 2020, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed engine ref - not required
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 41989
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 6957

Re: C5 X7 Engine Management light

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

You will need to get it diagnosed with Diagbox. There are any number of engine control system, emissions, or air & fuel faults that can bring this light on. There will be one or more fault codes active, so we need this to be able to help.
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.

Marc