Advice regarding Lexia/Diagbox

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

atr
My Cars: Xantia 2.0l 16v 2001 petrol
C5 mkII 2.0l petrol sx pack 2007
C5 x7 saloon petrol 2010

Advice regarding Lexia/Diagbox

Post by atr »

Hi all
Received finally the Lexia (chinese clone) there are two cd's - one with the Lexia and pp2000 software and the second several versions of Diagbox
as follows:
v7.57 to 7.58
v7.58 to 7.62
v7.62 to 7.66 (8.02)
v7.66 to 7.74 (8.10)
v7.74 to 7.76 (8.12)
v7.xx to v7.57
since I have no experience with it - please recommend which version should I install (taking into consideration that I intend to use it mainly on the C5).
I also will highly appreciate any advice/guidance regarding it.
Btw - good luck with the voting today.
jimmymarsbar
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: 307 2.0 hdi 110
Megane Estate 1.5dCi

Re: Advice regarding Lexia/Diagbox

Post by jimmymarsbar »

Does the Diagbox installation disc give you v7.01/v7.02?

The suitability of software for your car depends upon how old the car is - newer versions should be better suited to newer cars.

However, between the versions you've listed, I doubt there'd be much difference in it
The Ace
My Cars: Citroen C5 1.6THP Prestige
Ford Fiesta 1.0Ecoboost Titanium

Post by The Ace »

Actually if you read the document that came along with the CD, it clearly says that you have to install (or upgrade) all of the available versions. The document contains VERY specific steps that you MUST take with every single executable found in the CD.

If I remember correctly, you should find a very big executable, which should be version 7.0x, which you install first. Then you must execute every single file according to their version, and -more or less- perform a reboot after every file finishes installing. Then you open DiagBox in order for it to update to the next version, close it immediately (your web connection should be deactivated during this time), and perform the same actions with the next executable.

If you can't find the doc I'm talking about, I can send you mine when I get back in the afternoon....
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Mines on 7.0.2 although I do need to update it (it started at that version as that's what came with it!) but it does not (appear) to like Windows10 it seems. It was fine on Win7 however but I've not used it for ages until the other day.

Agree with above, ensure that you do not have any internet access when you are doing the update etc, you do not want it to try to connect.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

atr wrote:Hi all
Received finally the Lexia (chinese clone) there are two cd's - one with the Lexia and pp2000 software and the second several versions of Diagbox
as follows:
v7.57 to 7.58
v7.58 to 7.62
v7.62 to 7.66 (8.02)
v7.66 to 7.74 (8.10)
v7.74 to 7.76 (8.12)
v7.xx to v7.57
since I have no experience with it - please recommend which version should I install (taking into consideration that I intend to use it mainly on the C5).
I also will highly appreciate any advice/guidance regarding it.
Btw - good luck with the voting today.
Chaps - Just to be clear!

I've undertaken a fair bit of research on this and I wouldn't recommend upgrading past 7.58 at the present time. The reason being that past 7.62, subsequent releases of Diagbox have gradually removed telecoding features from the offline versions of the software on gradually more vehicles, with the move toward having all the telecoding undertaken online - which of course you cannot do as these are clones! Atetmpting to online telecode will deactivate your software without a valid PSA server dealer code and login.

V7.58 covers PSA vehicles produces at November 2015 and is widely accepted as a stable version. There is an automatic desire in us to want to 'upgrade' everything - but that is not always the right thing to do when dealing with cloned hardware and patched software, working outside the dealer network of course.

@ ATR: The age of your C5 will use the Lexia interface anyway - which is accessed from the Diagbox front end.

I have started to compile a version change log of Diagbox on the Forum Wiki here for more information on changes:
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/wiki/Di ... 9/7.06_On)

Without wanting to regurgitate everything on the main Lexia Diagbox thread, I downgraded back to 7.58 as a result of loosing telecoding options on my C5 X7. Most of the newer versions or Diagbox are being shipped with V8 - but even some of the suppliers don't realise the telecoding issues (except easydiagnostics) as they don't generally use the software! Users are finding that more and more of the car vehicles in each release of Diagbox have removed all the offline telecoding - so it is hit and miss as to which vehicles these are. :)
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc