Lexia interpretation?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Lexia interpretation?

Post by Peter.N. »

Deleted in case Peter doesn't want his other pics public....!
Last edited by RichardW on 04 Apr 2016, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link deleted
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Lexia interpretation?

Post by myglaren »

Not sure what that should be Richard but looks like you copied the HTML codes instead of the BBCodes.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

I'm sorry about that folks, I didn't even know I had posted it. I am trying to find out how to upload pictures with not much success at the moment. I have found the excellent post with directions but my brain keeps going into standby. Hopefully they will appear sometime in the future.

They are photo's of my PP2000 screen on the 406 which is using about twice as much fuel as it should be, I am hoping someone can tell me if there are any anomalys.

Peter
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Richard W
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

How did you do that Richard :shock: Have you been in my office :wink: .

Can anyone make any sense of these? I was hoping it was something as simple as the timing being one tooth out but it says 'camshaft/crankshaft synchronization - yes' Can I assume that means its timed correctly?

Is there anything that doesn't look right on there?

Thanks

Peter
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Big brother is watching you....! There was one bit of the link you posted that looked like the URL for the album, and so it turned out to be. Scrolled through the pics to find the Lexia ones, and then copied the link - if you view the page with the photo on, then at the right there are a series of links - if you click on the one that says direct, then just post that in between the IMG tags, the pics appear....

That data doesn't look too bad. Inj 4 looks a bit suspect - does it ever move off 0.98? I wonder if the EGR valve might be stuck open - but you can't see the position on this engine. What does the air flow say? If you unplug the EGR valve (electric or vac to the solenoid) does the air flow jump up? Although it says timing it OK - mine certainly ran better and was more flexible after I changed the belt.
Richard W
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Thanks Richard, unlike me you obviously know what you are doing.

It had a new cam belt before I bought it and I was hoping that an error had been made but according to the readout apparently not.

I will check that injector again although it runs sweet as a nut and ticks over smoothly, if fact its been very well looked after, the exhaust doesn't smell right when its cold sort of acrid smell like a petrol engine. Didn't find any airflow data, probably not looking in the right place. I have replaced the MAF and fitted a new thermostat all to no avail.

I have disconnected the vacuum supply to the EGR and that doesn't seem to have made any difference either, it appears to be closing OK as the exhaust feed pipe is not getting hot.

The only thing that does puzzle me is the presence of a butterfly valve in the pipe from the intercooler to the engine, what does it do? If it isn't opening when it should that would be restricting the air supply.

As I say the car drives fine, no smoke that I can see and very quiet - like retarded timing on an IDI, the performance is down a little but not a lot. I have taken to using my C5 which is usually a spare car now as that is averaging around 50 mpg, the 406 is down to about 32 mpg! on the same journeys. My old 406 would do 60 mpg+ on any long journey.

They were much simpler when everything was mechanical.

Peter