Peugeot 206 2.0 HDI won't start HELP PLEASE

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sheeny1994
New User

Peugeot 206 2.0 HDI won't start HELP PLEASE

Post by sheeny1994 »

I have just acquired a 2000 reg 206 HDI from a friend as it had become surplus to his requirements and has issues.

The car has been stood for 2 years. Not started no battery nothing. I went to collect the car and it is refusing to start so stuck it on a tailor and brought it home.

So far my findings are that it will not pump fuel on its own. The only way to get it to pump fuel is to attach a battery directly to the fuel pump. However although this solves the fuel issue temporarily the car still refuses to start?

Also there is no coil light when turning the ignition on which according to my mate who had the car always used to come in for a few seconds before starting

Any help greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Peugeot 206 2.0 HDI won't start HELP PLEASE

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

The coil light is for the glow plugs, and only normally comes on (for a few moments) when the weather is very cold.

There are any number of reasons as to why this is happening, and chasing round the houses won't work. Check the following link for forum members who have Lexia systems, and are willing to help;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just a thought. When you turn the key (not to start her, just to get the dashboard lights on) is there a light that looks like a key in a square that stays on. If it comes on for a moment and then goes out, great (it means the immobiliser is working, and has accepted the key as legitimate). However, if it stays on it means the immobiliser isn't convinced the key is real (and won't allow the engine to start through various means).

Oh, welcome to the forum, by the way! :welc:
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
sheeny1994
New User

Post by sheeny1994 »

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated

Managed to get it started last night turned out to be 1 fuse causing the issues. Crazy how 1 little part can make such an impact :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well done. If the fuse was linked to the immobiliser system then it would do that.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If the key is not recognised on this system is doesn't inhibit the fuel pump though, it just locks the injection ECU & stops the injectors firing.