Happy New Year!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
Xantianut
Posts: 705
Joined: 07 Aug 2012, 19:50
x 41

Happy New Year!

Post by Xantianut » 31 Dec 2014, 21:41

Ay up!

May I take this opportunity to wish all my fellow French Car Folks a very prosperous and trouble-free year of pleasant, comfortable, economical motoring.

:mrgreen:

Northern_Mike

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Northern_Mike » 31 Dec 2014, 22:30

My new years resolution is to own a Citroën that doesn't make clonking noises.

I've more chance of winning the lottery.

Mrs Northern_Mike makes a "dreams list" every year. It's basically a A3 sheet of paper pinned on the wall with cut out bits from magazines or photos of things she wants to achieve. She's achieved most of the ones from this year too..

I've just pinned up a picture of Shakira driving a Ferrari...

Happy new year all :-)

User avatar
Stickyfinger
Donor 2016
Posts: 9616
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 22:05
x 638

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Stickyfinger » 31 Dec 2014, 22:41

Bonne Annee mes ami

User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2016
Posts: 4783
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 19:45
x 283

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by daviemck2006 » 31 Dec 2014, 22:58

northern_mike wrote:My new years resolution is to own a Citroën that doesn't make clonking noises.

I've more chance of winning the lottery.

Mrs Northern_Mike makes a "dreams list" every year. It's basically a A3 sheet of paper pinned on the wall with cut out bits from magazines or photos of things she wants to achieve. She's achieved most of the ones from this year too..

I've just pinned up a picture of popular Colombian singer who sings such things as "Whenever wherever" and "Hips don't lie" and has a nice bottom driving a Ferrari...

Happy new year all :-)
Buy my one from savoy Mike. The only clonks I've heard from it is when it hits crash barriers [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Northern_Mike

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Northern_Mike » 31 Dec 2014, 23:57

In all seriousness, I think these two will be my last Citroens. Wifey has told me to do something I enjoy again.. fast cars, bikes. So, after the BMW is fixed and sold on, then I'll get something properly fast now we can afford it again. Especially as petrol is going to be as cheap as it's likely to get for a while. Citroen don't make anything properly fast.

vborovic
Locked user account
Posts: 1753
Joined: 31 Oct 2013, 18:07
x 15

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by vborovic » 01 Jan 2015, 00:03

@ mike - Not true, have you seen the GT by Citroen? ... :D ...

Happy new year to all FCF members from a place 1 hour ahead of you (most of you at least) ... :D ...

Northern_Mike

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Northern_Mike » 01 Jan 2015, 01:26

vborovic wrote:@ mike - Not true, have you seen the GT by Citroen? ... :D ...
The one that's powered by a Ford engine? Yes.

Not my kind of thing or budget. Supercars should not lose value...

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
Posts: 9413
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 648

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 01 Jan 2015, 01:37

Happy New Year to you all! You're my best Mate. Hic. ZZZZZ

User avatar
Stickyfinger
Donor 2016
Posts: 9616
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 22:05
x 638

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Stickyfinger » 01 Jan 2015, 02:27

Hell Razor5543 wrote:Happy New Year to you all! You're my best Mate. Hic. ZZZZZ
I lovvvvve yooooo.....hic, dribble, zzzzzzzzzzzzz, SNORRRRR, up at 4am for a pee, snorrrr, scratch bollocks, fancy a bit ?

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41564
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1033

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by CitroJim » 01 Jan 2015, 06:17

Happy New Year all :-D

Mike, the speed limit in the UK is 70. Therefore anything properly fast is entirely pointless....

May 2015 be entirely free of clonks for you!

Northern_Mike

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Northern_Mike » 01 Jan 2015, 10:32

CitroJim wrote:Happy New Year all :-D

Mike, the speed limit in the UK is 70. Therefore anything properly fast is entirely pointless....
Why are you not driving a 2cv then Jim?

Anyway. It's not 70 in other countries, and maybe I'd like to use it for places where it'd be legal to drive it hard... Wych is part of the plan.

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41564
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1033

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by CitroJim » 01 Jan 2015, 10:41

northern_mike wrote: Why are you not driving a 2cv then Jim?
Because I much prefer the R4 :wink:
northern_mike wrote:Anyway. It's not 70 in other countries, and maybe I'd like to use it for places where it'd be legal to drive it hard... Wych is part of the plan.
That's OK then...

I drove the V6 down to Sarfend yesterday to take Siany to Sarfend Airport innit so that she could fly to Berlin for New Year... The A127 from the M25 J29 to the end of the road is just a never ending gallery of speed cameras of all types and every speed limit imaginable. The only safe speed to do along there is 30...

That road in a quick car is no fun at all...

Poor old Vicky Butler Henderson who warns me of speed cameras through my Tom Tom was hoarse at the end of it....

User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 8641
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 574

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by NewcastleFalcon » 01 Jan 2015, 10:58

Bang on

Image
:-D
Image
regards Neil

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41564
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1033

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by CitroJim » 01 Jan 2015, 11:13

What is the car up on the ramp in the garage?

Northern_Mike

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Northern_Mike » 01 Jan 2015, 12:32

CitroJim wrote:
northern_mike wrote: Why are you not driving a 2cv then Jim?
Because I much prefer the R4 :wink:
northern_mike wrote:Anyway. It's not 70 in other countries, and maybe I'd like to use it for places where it'd be legal to drive it hard... Wych is part of the plan.
That's OK then...

I drove the V6 down to Sarfend yesterday to take Siany to Sarfend Airport innit so that she could fly to Berlin for New Year... The A127 from the M25 J29 to the end of the road is just a never ending gallery of speed cameras of all types and every speed limit imaginable. The only safe speed to do along there is 30...

That road in a quick car is no fun at all...

Poor old Vicky Butler Henderson who warns me of speed cameras through my Tom Tom was hoarse at the end of it....
It's a pain in the backside and no mistake.

The original plan for my Impreza was to do some hillclimbing with it but funds didn't allow (that's tarmac hillclimbing not that weird muddy hills stuff). Now they do allow and barring purchase of the safety gear it's no more costly than a few nights on the beer per month.

I went down your favourite road, the A21 yesterday Jim. I got passed by two oiks on a BMW motorcycle going at a speed they thought was acceptable. I got bored waiting for them to teeter round the slippery twisty bits and overtook them again as soon as it opened up into a dual carriageway. In a Berlingo.