Happy New Year!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Xantianut
My Cars: 2002 C5 2.0 HDi 110 SX

RIP:
1993 Xantia 1.8i LX
1989 BX16TRS
1986 BX14E x 2

Happy New Year!

Post by Xantianut »

Ay up!

May I take this opportunity to wish all my fellow French Car Folks a very prosperous and trouble-free year of pleasant, comfortable, economical motoring.

:mrgreen:
C5 HDi 110 SX (Fifi 7 or Otterchops)

RIP
Citroen Xantia 1.8i LX (Fifi 6)
BX16TRS (x2) (Fifi 4 and 5)
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
BX14E (x2) (Fifi 1 and 3)
Northern_Mike

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Northern_Mike »

My new years resolution is to own a Citroën that doesn't make clonking noises.

I've more chance of winning the lottery.

Mrs Northern_Mike makes a "dreams list" every year. It's basically a A3 sheet of paper pinned on the wall with cut out bits from magazines or photos of things she wants to achieve. She's achieved most of the ones from this year too..

I've just pinned up a picture of Shakira driving a Ferrari...

Happy new year all :-)
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Bonne Annee mes ami
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

northern_mike wrote:My new years resolution is to own a Citroën that doesn't make clonking noises.

I've more chance of winning the lottery.

Mrs Northern_Mike makes a "dreams list" every year. It's basically a A3 sheet of paper pinned on the wall with cut out bits from magazines or photos of things she wants to achieve. She's achieved most of the ones from this year too..

I've just pinned up a picture of popular Colombian singer who sings such things as "Whenever wherever" and "Hips don't lie" and has a nice bottom driving a Ferrari...

Happy new year all :-)
Buy my one from savoy Mike. The only clonks I've heard from it is when it hits crash barriers [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

In all seriousness, I think these two will be my last Citroens. Wifey has told me to do something I enjoy again.. fast cars, bikes. So, after the BMW is fixed and sold on, then I'll get something properly fast now we can afford it again. Especially as petrol is going to be as cheap as it's likely to get for a while. Citroen don't make anything properly fast.
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

@ mike - Not true, have you seen the GT by Citroen? ... :D ...

Happy new year to all FCF members from a place 1 hour ahead of you (most of you at least) ... :D ...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

vborovic wrote:@ mike - Not true, have you seen the GT by Citroen? ... :D ...
The one that's powered by a Ford engine? Yes.

Not my kind of thing or budget. Supercars should not lose value...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Happy New Year to you all! You're my best Mate. Hic. ZZZZZ
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:Happy New Year to you all! You're my best Mate. Hic. ZZZZZ
I lovvvvve yooooo.....hic, dribble, zzzzzzzzzzzzz, SNORRRRR, up at 4am for a pee, snorrrr, scratch bollocks, fancy a bit ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Happy New Year all :-D

Mike, the speed limit in the UK is 70. Therefore anything properly fast is entirely pointless....

May 2015 be entirely free of clonks for you!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:Happy New Year all :-D

Mike, the speed limit in the UK is 70. Therefore anything properly fast is entirely pointless....
Why are you not driving a 2cv then Jim?

Anyway. It's not 70 in other countries, and maybe I'd like to use it for places where it'd be legal to drive it hard... Wych is part of the plan.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

northern_mike wrote: Why are you not driving a 2cv then Jim?
Because I much prefer the R4 :wink:
northern_mike wrote:Anyway. It's not 70 in other countries, and maybe I'd like to use it for places where it'd be legal to drive it hard... Wych is part of the plan.
That's OK then...

I drove the V6 down to Sarfend yesterday to take Siany to Sarfend Airport innit so that she could fly to Berlin for New Year... The A127 from the M25 J29 to the end of the road is just a never ending gallery of speed cameras of all types and every speed limit imaginable. The only safe speed to do along there is 30...

That road in a quick car is no fun at all...

Poor old Vicky Butler Henderson who warns me of speed cameras through my Tom Tom was hoarse at the end of it....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Bang on

:-D
regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

What is the car up on the ramp in the garage?
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
northern_mike wrote: Why are you not driving a 2cv then Jim?
Because I much prefer the R4 :wink:
northern_mike wrote:Anyway. It's not 70 in other countries, and maybe I'd like to use it for places where it'd be legal to drive it hard... Wych is part of the plan.
That's OK then...

I drove the V6 down to Sarfend yesterday to take Siany to Sarfend Airport innit so that she could fly to Berlin for New Year... The A127 from the M25 J29 to the end of the road is just a never ending gallery of speed cameras of all types and every speed limit imaginable. The only safe speed to do along there is 30...

That road in a quick car is no fun at all...

Poor old Vicky Butler Henderson who warns me of speed cameras through my Tom Tom was hoarse at the end of it....
It's a pain in the backside and no mistake.

The original plan for my Impreza was to do some hillclimbing with it but funds didn't allow (that's tarmac hillclimbing not that weird muddy hills stuff). Now they do allow and barring purchase of the safety gear it's no more costly than a few nights on the beer per month.

I went down your favourite road, the A21 yesterday Jim. I got passed by two oiks on a BMW motorcycle going at a speed they thought was acceptable. I got bored waiting for them to teeter round the slippery twisty bits and overtook them again as soon as it opened up into a dual carriageway. In a Berlingo.