Air suspension 09 dispatch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

markt1
My Cars:

Air suspension 09 dispatch

Post by markt1 »

Hello guys need help..........
Got in the van to take it for an mot and called at my mams for a cup of tea as I was early only to get back in the van and the suspension light on the dash was shinning like a goodun, the van was down on the N/S but the O/S looked at the height its always at.
Anyway cancelled test :( and got my oldmans jack and looked underneath, the leveling height control arm linkages swivels were stiff on both sides so I began squirting both of them with maintanence spray and checked plugs and wires all looked fine.
I went back to the N/S and proceeded to jack it up more and all of a sudden the compressor kicked in and blew it all up solid but it went all the way to the top and would not realease with the control at the rear of the van. So I realeased both the air bags pressure buy pulling pipe from the reat of them and thought the system would pump back up to the level but law and behold nothing zero the compressor would not kick in so now I have my van sat on its arse 5miles away.
I also disconected the battery for 30 mins and did a fan dance but so nothing :twisted:
I have not had it code read but I suspect the N/S height control arm is duff but why would it originally pump right to the top surely the otherside would have stayed down???? Could the compressor be at fault but again why did it full the system up and now refuse to do anything?
I have priced a new level sensor at Citroen £40+ but I was wondering if any of you guys have come across this issue.
Regards Mark
Dispatch owner going grey.
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Air suspension 09 dispatch

Post by Lighty »

Not had a van with air suspension, but plenty of C4 Picasso's. Sure they only have 1 height control.
Main problem seems to me that the compressor is not designed to work for more than 15 mins in its whole life ! So I guess yours has probably overheated & died. If you strip it down, you will find that the brushes get stuck due to heat and carbon grunge, and this stops it working.A quick clean up will often revive it, they'd overworking almost always happens when an airbag leaks, so the compressor then fails.
We now convert to coil springs, and did tch the whole air bit, it is the worst built thing I have ever seen on a vehicle.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
markt1
My Cars:

Post by markt1 »

Cheers Lighty... Code read in morning and if it points to anything other than a £40 sensor then im afraid I have sourced a coil conversion kit for£190 and shall be fitting springs and removing the air bags and having the code reconfigured so the light is out, I shall keep you informed thanks
Cheers Mark
P.S coil kit from Eurocarcare down your way :-D
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

The best thing to do with it is ditch the air suspension. I once owned a merc v230 and the air suspension was always soft and wallowy so it got ditched and replaced with coils and shocks off a scrapped Vito van.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

markt1 wrote:Cheers Lighty... Code read in morning and if it points to anything other than a £40 sensor then im afraid I have sourced a coil conversion kit for£190 and shall be fitting springs and removing the air bags and having the code reconfigured so the light is out, I shall keep you informed thanks
Cheers Mark
P.S coil kit from Eurocarcare down your way :-D

Yes Eurocarparts care have gone big on this, in fact I told Stuart how to finish off the programming. We do the kit fitted for £210 + vat! sold the last one last week, they were hard ?to get as Euro had purchased all the stock avaliable.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
markt1
My Cars:

Post by markt1 »

Hiya Mark yes I sopke to them today nice guys they gave me some good advice, as for my issue I replaced a height sensor and no joy the system pumped to the top and I thought bugger then I got thinking....the one I took off I fitted to the other side and then I let the air out of the bags again and nothing so I reset it with my mates Lauch and low and behold it self leveled so I was not going to press and fanny around with lowering or highering the system. Road test ok and I actually heard for the first time in ages the odd spurt of air into the bags and when I drove off the realease of some air so all seems fine. I rang Stuart and told him and I may need the kit later :rofl2:
Regards Mark
markt1
My Cars:

Post by markt1 »

Ha that was short lived back to plan b springs on their way :taz:
markt1
My Cars:

Post by markt1 »

Not a bad job quite easy just remember to disconnect the battery because the system may wake up from its slumber, get body jacked up well supported then your on a winner wheels off shock bottom off and the rest is elementary.
The system will need telling it no longer has air this was done by planet software, and thanks to mick at eurocarcare Derbyshire for parts and advice.
Regards Mark very happy that the dam crap is off!
Dispatch lwb 2.0
New User

Post by Dispatch lwb 2.0 »

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/c/C ... 177&000073" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have a lwb 2.0 2008 dispatch van with the same air suspension issue. I have found these springs above (i know currently out of stock).
Does anyone know the correct part number for the springs?
Also the spring seats, any idea where i can buy these seperately other than buying the full kit in the link below
http://www.eurocarcare.net/rear-springs ... n-kit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any help would be appreciated