Cruise Control Question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wakd21

Cruise Control Question

Post by wakd21 »

I have a Citroen C5 2.0 HDI LX 02 plate automatic. I am having a new comms unit installed. The current unit has indicators, wipers and radio control stalk but I was wondering can I get a comms unit that also has cruise control stalk and if so can this be fitted which would then give me cruise control or is there more to it than that?

Regards
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Re: Cruise Control Question

Post by jgra1 »

there is less

I have a CC stalk somewhere for a few quid.. add that to your comms and you are almost there..
you need a switch for the brake pedal, being an auto I am not sure... get from a scrapper (get the stalk too?).. and you may need a friendly forum member to 'lexia' the car to let it know it has cruise..

where are you based?
John
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

all comms units have the ability to be fitted with a cruise switch you will probably need a second brake switch it works the opposite to a normal switch ie open when brake is pressed. then you need someone with a lexia to switch on the rvv file. the bottom colum cowl is marked on the inside to show where to cot to accomadate the cruise stalk. all very simple and well worth doing new cruise stalks are not to expensive. make sure you get the one with the on off switch only and not the one that includes the speed limiter.
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

See here > http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ol#p374746" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;