c5 hdi tyre pressure

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

toothbrush
New User

c5 hdi tyre pressure

Post by toothbrush »

hi, recently bought a c5 diesel 2 litre and not sure about the tyre pressure. it says on sitcker on door 2.3 front and 2.5 rear - but i checked online before seeing sticker - yes - icant beleive i didnt see it originally - all online site say 2.3 fron and 2.1 rear? puzzled? :? . also any idea how to increase hot air flow through foot area - can barely feel it.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: c5 hdi tyre pressure

Post by myglaren »

I'd go with the sticker (and do).

Re: footwell airflow. It would be worthwhile to check the condition of the pollen filter. If that is OK then the problem is likely to be warped flaps not opening up the flow to the footwell or broken splines on the motor that moves the flaps.

Welcome to the FCF :welc:
toothbrush
New User

Post by toothbrush »

many thanks for help. i thought the sticker surely must be right , but all the website were saying the same and 2.1 and 2.5 are pretty different - shall sort tomorrow as just been running car with all 4 tyres at 30 #-o .
toothbrush
New User

Post by toothbrush »

forgot to say its an old 2002 c5, but i must admit its my first citroen and i like it. especially the crazy suspension , ha ha , not experienced that before!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

If you get chance to attend one of the rallies (one coming up on the 7th April) you may be able to experience some 'proper' Citroen hydraulic suspension. C5s don't really compare with earlier models. An XM would be a good place to start.
Last edited by myglaren on 27 Mar 2013, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected misinformation.