Engine stalled and hesitates solved.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

IrfanIbrahim
My Cars:

Engine stalled and hesitates solved.

Post by IrfanIbrahim »

After a few months of confusion trying to solve this problem, replacing whole throttle body with complete set of sensors but nothing works.So I send the car to a mech who are well experienced with handling citroen , he simply reach with his hand behind the engine compartment and pulled a sensor , clean it and the connector, put them back in and the problem solved.. It seems that the connector was loose and it starts to mess with the idling, hard-to-start problems.. Im not sure what that sensor is but it was green in colour and some might call it timing sensor? Now the engine runs smoothly and idle normally and had no issue with ignition. :lol:

Also recently changed the muffler from aftermarket to new stock because it was a little too loud when cruising. And add a finishing dual tip. Now cruising is more comfortable. :roll:
1994 Xantia 2.0I

Keep calm & drive a xantia!
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Engine stalled and hesitates solved.

Post by Lighty »

Your Xantia looks like new with your climate. We don't see many Xantias like that in the UK
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Great news :-D That was the Coolant Temperature Sensor - the one that tells the engine ECU how hot the coolant is...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
begins
My Cars:

Post by begins »

IrfanIbrahim wrote:After a few months of confusion trying to solve this problem, replacing whole throttle body with complete set of sensors but nothing works.So I send the car to a mech who are well experienced with handling citroen , he simply reach with his hand behind the engine compartment and pulled a sensor , clean it and the connector, put them back in and the problem solved.. It seems that the connector was loose and it starts to mess with the idling, hard-to-start problems.. Im not sure what that sensor is but it was green in colour and some might call it timing sensor? Now the engine runs smoothly and idle normally and had no issue with ignition. :lol:

Also recently changed the muffler from aftermarket to new stock because it was a little too loud when cruising. And add a finishing dual tip. Now cruising is more comfortable. :roll:
Hi there, I’m based in JB and would appreciate if you can tell me which mech do you go to? I’ve problem finding one in my state.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
IrfanIbrahim
My Cars:

Post by IrfanIbrahim »

Lighty wrote:Your Xantia looks like new with your climate. We don't see many Xantias like that in the UK
The picture doesn't really tell the whole story, paint actually started to fade on some spot including the hood.. Getting a fresh paint next month, same colour. :D
CitroJim wrote:Great news :-D That was the Coolant Temperature Sensor - the one that tells the engine ECU how hot the coolant is...
Is it? Wow, im surprised that sensor could mess up with whole system... It stalled the car few times at junctions.. #-o
begins wrote:
IrfanIbrahim wrote:After a few months of confusion trying to solve this problem, replacing whole throttle body with complete set of sensors but nothing works.So I send the car to a mech who are well experienced with handling citroen , he simply reach with his hand behind the engine compartment and pulled a sensor , clean it and the connector, put them back in and the problem solved.. It seems that the connector was loose and it starts to mess with the idling, hard-to-start problems.. Im not sure what that sensor is but it was green in colour and some might call it timing sensor? Now the engine runs smoothly and idle normally and had no issue with ignition. :lol:

Hi there, I’m based in JB and would appreciate if you can tell me which mech do you go to? I’ve problem finding one in my state.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
PMed you the contact number. :D
1994 Xantia 2.0I

Keep calm & drive a xantia!