306 1.6glx help please

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

metalhead10
My Cars:

306 1.6glx help please

Post by metalhead10 »

Ok hi there folks have been having a good look round site and think that you are the guys ( apologies to the female users as well ;) to help me if you can as you all seem to know what you are on about :)
Have just bought a 1998 S reg 306 glx and just a few questions to ask
1.what is the recommended cam belt change milage ? (dealer was abit unsure in this matter im sure i have seen it somewhere saying 40,000 )but due to no drivers books etc unsure about this)
2. othere 306's i have driven mainly a T reg when the central locking is activated the indicators flash but on my one they dont any ideas ? is it an alarm is fitted to the t reg or just sumthing gone wrong with mine
Anyway will leave it at that and await your replies :) ( hopefully)
Great site keep up the good info im sure i will be a frequent visitor heheheheh
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

With regards to the cambelt change, what engine is it?
The recommended change interval can be a bit vague though. I have seen everything from 36k to 90k quoted for the same BX XU engine (the 90k was by a dealer).
The general consensus though is, if you are not sure when it was last done then have it changed. Better safe than sorry.
An S reg (1998/9) should have had at least one cambelt change by now, regardless of mileage.
metalhead10
My Cars:

Post by metalhead10 »

ok not sure but i think it is the TU5JP MA-5 engine but not sure as is dark at mo and dont fancy the scrabbling around with a torch malarky tonight ( found this site that may of be some use to others if not known already this is where i got the data from )http://peugeot.mainspot.net/eng_uk.shtml
And yep i think that it will be a case of cambelt change in very near future now the only question is do i drag the toolbox out of retirement and diy or do i pay 4 the priveledge of someone else doing it cheers 4 the info hope this helps anyway
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

going by citroens with the same engines if it's on 9,000 mile service intervals then its every 72,000 miles,if its on 10,000 mile intervals then its every 80,000 miles.