Workshop Manual

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sam KS
My Cars:

Workshop Manual

Post by Sam KS »

any on know where i can get hold of a workshop manual for a 1998 Citroen Xantia 2.0 twin cam?
Citroën Xantia 75th Anniversary Limited Edition
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Workshop Manual

Post by CitroJim »

Haynes do one, commonly known as the BoL or Book of Lies around these parts. It has it's good bits but generally this forum is a much better manual...

Xantia BoLs are frequent occurrences on ebay for very small money. That's likely the best method of procuring one..

There are the factory manuals which a very few on here have but they're at least seven volumes, weigh as much as an ocean liner and take up a whole bookshelf. They're rare too.

However, anything specific you need from them I'm sure it can be provided :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Sam KS
My Cars:

Post by Sam KS »

the hanes one dose not cover the SVX 2.0 petrol. is this the 2.0 twin cam in the 1998 Xantia 2?
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

The BOL can be bad to own. Sometimes it's plain wrong (like the 405 manual's torque settings for cam caps), other times they make hard work of a simple task, on yet further occasions they neglect important details of a protracted repair process.

Their wiring diagrams are so off at times, it's terrifying.

If you must, buy the 3082. It probably covers much of what you need, barring the 16V motor. It's also common as muck and you'll pay more for postage than the book itself costs in used condition.

Learn a bit of French and you can trawl the foreign language forums as well. Pretty much every Xantia escapade has been documented by someone, somewhere.
Sam KS
My Cars:

Post by Sam KS »

Thanks, i also have a mate who is the after service manager at a le froggy dealership with over 15 years spinning spanners on them. even his spanners smell of garlic. he is going to email me the cam belt section of the OE BOL. i just didn't want to be bothering you all here or him with every noise on the thing.

also he is to far away and on the wrong contaminant to be able to help with things.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote: Learn a bit of French and you can trawl the foreign language forums as well. Pretty much every Xantia escapade has been documented by someone, somewhere.
That's a good idea Adam. There there's the Revue Technique (French BoLs) that may be useful. Of the ones I've seen they knock Haynes into a cocked hat... My French is too limited to make a definite assessment of their value though...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

If it's vernacular French you stand a better chance. Some of the nomenclature used in Service Citroën seems pretty well outside what things are normally called.

"Remontage est l'inverse du démontage"

:P
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote: "Remontage est l'inverse du démontage"

:P
:rofl: A classic Haynes BoL statement translated.....

Perfect =D>
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Et cracker un tube (addendum pour la versions Australiens).

Voir; c'est facile!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Even better :lol:

Is that to be carried out at the beginning of a procedure, at the end or at the point you realise the BoL is living up to its name?
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

South of Capricorn, after midday in Summer and after five in winter.

North of Capricorn, anytime you are awake and feel like it.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote: North of Capricorn, anytime you are awake and feel like it.
Yea, that'll be right :lol: It was a rule we adhered to very strictly in Darwin....

No doubt you in QLD will agree Sam?
Jim

Sam KS
My Cars:

Post by Sam KS »

Tube cracker?
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

As in, cracking a tube of beer.
Sam KS
My Cars:

Re:

Post by Sam KS »

addo wrote:As in, cracking a tube of beer.
as long as it's not that beer flavoured cordial p**s they drink around here. they cant even spell beer properly, they spell it xxxx.

since moving to QLD i have had to start drinking John Smiths or Bodingtons.