Paint code ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

HDI
My Cars:

Paint code ?

Post by HDI »

The paint code for a Xantia is said to be a 3 letter code but on the door post sticker of my HDi it's 4 letters, KPKD. I can find KPK touch up paint but not KPKD, does the D matter ?
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Paint code ?

Post by CitroJim »

KPK is the shade part which is Mauritius Blue...

The D I believe refers to the kind of finish. I would imagine the D is normal metallic. Exclusives seem to have CR as the finish which i understand to be pearlescent metallic. As an example New V6 has a paint code of KPKCR - Mauritius Blue Pearlescent.

So, your KPK touch-up should be fine. it's flat so any touching up will require an overcoat of clear lacquer.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

or it could be the colour of the undercoat
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

superloopy wrote:Reply retracted, untrustworthy :sad:
You know Mike, I was just thinking up the most polite and diplomatic way to say something about your last post. You've saved me task now :lol: :lol: Thanks! that's eased the load on my brain no end...

Polite and diplomatic I'm not sadly - never a skill I managed to master :(
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

:lol: Admins are ever vigilant Mike :wink: :lol:
superloopy wrote: (i'm still busy 'researching' this one because i'm sure i've read that the fourth character is a factory identifier :? )
Ahh yes, it's the two lettetrs after the RP Number that shows where the car was born...

Look at the RP and it'll be say, 7571CJ if it's a Xantia hatch. The CJ bit indicates it was built in Alnuay Sans Whatsit. Xantia Estates were built by Heiulitz and have a different two letter identifier after the RP number...

Somewhere on this forum is a list of plants and their codes...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

superloopy wrote: Curtain up .... i'm back on stage :-D
With a flourish Mike =D> =D>

Excellent :-D

So D then is the same as the earlier CR code which means say KPKCR and KPKD are one and the same Mauritius Blue Pearlescent...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Oh and Paint Code KJAPL is what my Activa currently has; where KJA is Dantes' Red and PL is Peeling Lacquer :(
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Maybe the lacquer is meant to peel off for customers who want a matt finish without resorting to emulsion and a roller.
trucker1
My Cars:

Post by trucker1 »

On C5 only first three letters used good match on my C5 paintwork. halfords swansea first class 2 days from local cit dealers lol
2002 c5 sx hdi