Xantia Wishbone P Bush : Advice Needed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thorter
My Cars:

Xantia Wishbone P Bush : Advice Needed

Post by thorter »

I have just bought P bushes for both sides. On one (see pic), the bolt mounting holes look severely misaligned by perhaps 4mm. The other is much better, maybe 1mm out of line.

Opinions please on whether assembly is feasible, or should one or both be returned?

Fred
wotwot
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 1982 GSA 1299
1984 bx 1600
zx 5 door x 2
xantia estate
dispatch
xara picasso
807 SE

Re: Xantia Wishbone P Bush : Advice Needed

Post by wotwot »

Does the actual bolt go through the 2 holes if so it would assemble with a bit of brute force :shock: .
But you better off taking it back for another unit, take the bolt with you until you find one that is ok amongst there stock. I take it its a pattern part not genuine citroen.
thorter
My Cars:

Post by thorter »

An M12 bolt does go through off the car, but not clear whether it would assemble properly through the mounting holes. Clearly it could be bent to fit, but the 2 spot welds holding it together risk getting torn.

If anyone has recent experience, they might remember how likely it is to fit. Clearly I don’t want to dissemble the wishbone just to try it.

For the record, it came from AEP, maker Meyle, who have quite a good website with data sheets. Looks to be non OEM, but apart from the misalignment (!), fairly well made.

Fred
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

fred I have all the inner bushes for both sides if it helps. TRW as well..
John
thorter
My Cars:

Post by thorter »

John, thanks for the offer.

I have, in fact, decided to go with the parts I have, and see in the first instance (without the wishbone) whether the bush looks like pulling in. If it doesn’t, there is ample metal to enlarge the single hole and still allow the bolt head to clamp down solid all round.

Fred