Hyractive 3+ can't reach max high position.. ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nickyg
My Cars:

Hyractive 3+ can't reach max high position.. ?

Post by nickyg »

Hello again everyone!

I'm in the process of bringing my 2.7 C6 excl back up to tip top condition. In addition to an air conditioning and/or coolant problem, I notice my suspension will never quite get to the max high setting anymore.

It gets pretty high, but never settles, seems to keep pumping, and no confirmation message onscreen as with the other settings.

Had a lower front ball joint fitted not so long ago. I wouldn't be sure of tracing this back to that event, but is there a chance a slightly disturbed potentiometer could give these symptoms? Perhaps retake all suspension measurements and input fresh via lexia?

Any other suggestions gratefully received!

Thank you! :-)
Jabo
My Cars:

Re: Hyractive 3+ can't reach max high position.. ?

Post by Jabo »

Does it raise then drop a little, pump back up and repeat this in a cycle? whichever axle it is doing this on (or both) its height corrector needs a real clean up or replaced.
I had this issue a couple of weeks ago on my rear axle. I think I broke the height corrector while moving the anti roll bar around during a rear arm bearing replacement job. Only a new corrector from the dealership sorted it.
2001 Citroen C5 SX 2.0 petrol - Misty Lilac

0-60 MPH Calculator - Android app - https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... zero60full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Weight Transfer Calculator - Android app - https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... ansfercalc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The C6 has 4 body hight sensors, one for each corner so I'd definitely be having a look at the corner the ball joint was replaced on for any damage or connection issues.
Jabo
My Cars:

Post by Jabo »

:oops: Oh aye, it's a C6. Dunno whether my advice there applies to the C6 so take it with a pinch of salt!
2001 Citroen C5 SX 2.0 petrol - Misty Lilac

0-60 MPH Calculator - Android app - https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... zero60full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Weight Transfer Calculator - Android app - https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... ansfercalc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

Have you checked the LDS fluid level?
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
nickyg
My Cars:

Post by nickyg »

Hello again everyone! Thanks for the replies..

In answer to some of the queries: it simply stays at mid high, perhaps even almost at max high, but never seems to stop pumping the hydraulics and settle at max high like it used to. There is no confirmation on screen either, but when I go down one level to mid high I get immediate settling, confirmation message and no more hydraulic pumping.

I am good for LDS levels, (though am keeping an eye out for evidence of nitrogen bubbles in the LDS to get a confirmation that all my spheres are ok)

This is my first dealings with height sensors etc, so am unfamiliar with their tendencies. If it was nudged or disturbed should I simply re-enter all heights parameters via lexia and good to go, or should I also be resetting/cleaning? Perhaps I need to replace altogether? Are they more or less plug and play? (I have the TIS regarding fitting them).

Sorry for the questions! Hope someone can assist me..

Thanks again!