Xantia electric windows not working.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

numnuts

Xantia electric windows not working.

Post by numnuts »

Hi everyone. As I mentioned in a previous post I recently had to change the driver door on my Xantia (2 litre turbo diesel HDI W reg). Now neither of the power windows are working. The drivers side has been temperamental since someone reversed into my door, but the passenger one has always been okay. Now none work, not even the switch on the passenger door. The fuses look fine so I think it could be a relay. Does anyone know where to find the relay for the power windows on this model please? I know there are a few beneath the fascia fuse box some green and one large red one. I haven't yet replaced the door card until I can sort this out. Would really appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia electric windows not working.

Post by CitroJim »

I'd say, knowing the quality of the Xantia wiring that in manoeuvring the door wiring around you've broken a few... If it was temperamental before then there's a good chance there was a break starting and the bending you would have to have done on the loom has now finished it off...

Here's a circuit diagram of the front electric windows..

And a harness diagram...

Not forgetting a component location diagram...

A wiring break in the driver's door can affect the passenger as you have a switch for the passenger's door on the driver's door too...

Hope the diagrams help you crack it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
numnuts

Post by numnuts »

Hi. Thanks for that. The broken wire scenario is something I was dreading! Thanks for the diagrams also, though truth be told they are a little beyond me. Take care.T
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

The switches can also fail, try dousing them with WD40 then giving them a good work out.

Peter
numnuts

Post by numnuts »

Thanks all, it was the broken wire scenario. A bitch to fix (Unless you have three hands and fingers like pipe cleaners). Did it though. Thanks for the advice.....Now I just have to find the radio code!