p reg synergie starting issue

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dave2011

p reg synergie starting issue

Post by dave2011 »

hi guys.im back with yet another problem with the damn thing lol.a coulpe of weeks ago my synergie had a starting fault that turned out to be a bad earth on the battery that i found out about after i folked out for a new battery. :evil: this time i have a similar issue....... bright lights on the dash and a click behind the glove box....... is this a dodgie relay or a duff ignition barrel? the car starts most of the time but sometimes it needs the key to be switched off and on a few times before the starter will crank over.any ideas guys? thanks in advance 8-)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: p reg synergie starting issue

Post by CitroJim »

This is a common problem on the V6 Xantia amongst others and indeed it's an intermittent high resistance in the starter solenoid wiring, including a high resistance in the ignition switch.

The cure is to install a 'helper' relay so that the ignition switch only operates a relay and is relieved of the duties of carrying the full starter solenoid current. Feed the starter solenoid relay direct from the battery via a fuse.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

cheers jim. :@) i dont suppose there is a wiring diagram on the forum for it is there or shall i google it? cheers again :@)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I only have one for the V6 showing the modified wiring.

Modified V6 Starter Circuit

That should give you an idea of how to wire it Dave...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

nice one jim cheers :)