c5 radio

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Robert12

c5 radio

Post by Robert12 »

Hi all new to the forum just fitted a new radio jvc to my c5 estate and it wont turn off with the key.any help thank you :(
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: c5 radio

Post by DickieG »

Sounds like a wiring issue, a few minutes reading the radio installation manual and a voltmeter should sort it out, make sure the ignition live feed is correctly wired to the appropriate wire on the radio.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Robert12

Post by Robert12 »

thanks for the reply, there is two wires 0n the radio loom red & yellow swopped them round its keeping its memory now
when i turn the key off there seems to be a long delay before the radio gows off
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Robert12 wrote:when i turn the key off there seems to be a long delay before the radio gows off
As long as it turns off in a reasonable length of time I wouldn't worry, quite a few accessories take a while to shut down these days.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The ignition live feed for the radio is wired to the cars VAN+ supply, there is no ignition live at the radio plug. The connectors might look the same on the car & on the new radio but that doesent mean its plug & play.
Have a read here > http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ex#p270057" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
P.S. you might have read elsewhere that you need a lexia to do this properly,If you have its not true.
DickieG wrote: As long as it turns off in a reasonable length of time I wouldn't worry, quite a few accessories take a while to shut down these days.
As far as taking a few minutes to switch off goes isnt a big problem but if the cars multiplex data wires are connected to a different radio you can get other problems like battery drains,central locking faults, multifunction display freezing.
Robert12

Post by Robert12 »

thanks for that wheeler,
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

Take the ignition supply from the back of the cigarette lighter socket to your new radio. If you use the one for the Citroen radio you might get funnies like the BSI not going to sleep and return to the car to find your battery flat. Same applies when fitting phone kits.
Edit: Wheeler has already given you the correct info. Next time I will read the full thread before jumping in.
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

Does anybody have the pin-out for the C5's radio plug. I had several possible "battery" feeds when I checked with my voltmeter. I chose the one that didn't change when the ignition was turned on (the others all dropped considerably) and took the "ignition" feed from the lighter as suggested. The radio worked as it should but the display would freeze (usually with the N from "door open") until the button on the wiper was pressed, after which it would work fine. I took that to be a quirk, but now the car is going into Eco Mode when parked up- although the radio had been in for a couple of weeks when this started happening.

It's one of those radios that turns off with the ignition but can be turned on again with the ignition off, which is how most radios work nowadays.

Any thoughts?
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

Found it. http://www.c5club.cz/files/pdf/PU-2472A.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.